Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle Creations ESC tip thread(brushed)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Seen that but was want to know what types of motors it can run brushed, brushless sensored or sensorless and lowest turns?
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
Seen that but was want to know what types of motors it can run brushed, brushless sensored or sensorless and lowest turns?

Go to the link provided then scroll down the bottom of the page and click on Drivers ed guide or use this link. http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

Go to page 34 and you will find the info you need. Thats what I did.

Randy
racerrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

I have a ? I have a sidewinder and the guide says that you can hook up a 12 cell NiMH battery up to it. well, i tried running 2 six cell NiMH batteries in series to create a 12 cell 14.4 volt battery. It runs like a raped ape but then it starts glitching and stopping and carrying on. When it started to do this I immediately turned it off and felt it and it was not hot at all. I then hooked back up to my normal 6 cell setup and it runs like it always has. Nothing seems to be damaged but why cant I run a 12 cell setup??
slammin1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerrandy View Post
Go to the link provided then scroll down the bottom of the page and click on Drivers ed guide or use this link. http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

Go to page 34 and you will find the info you need. Thats what I did.

Randy

I'll try to look at that section again now that I'm at home the phone would not download it.
Thanks!
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Thanks Chris, just used your settings to update my Micro Pros.
shelljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin1984 View Post
I have a ? I have a sidewinder and the guide says that you can hook up a 12 cell NiMH battery up to it. well, i tried running 2 six cell NiMH batteries in series to create a 12 cell 14.4 volt battery. It runs like a raped ape but then it starts glitching and stopping and carrying on. When it started to do this I immediately turned it off and felt it and it was not hot at all. I then hooked back up to my normal 6 cell setup and it runs like it always has. Nothing seems to be damaged but why cant I run a 12 cell setup??
Mine did this on 3s and it was a BEC issue. I added a CC BEC and all was good. The internal BEC is not that powerful and has issues with the higher voltage batteries (at least thats what I was told).
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

thanks man. I will pick one up at my LHS and hopefully that will be the fix. it sounds like thats all it needs.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #48
Official Cook of the ECC

You need a bec. Then you can up the voltage to the servo as well for even better steering.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

thanks scattman. I still want a HH BR-XL. I just dont have a $100 to drop on one. Maybe the ol' lady will get me one for Valentines.lol!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #50
Rock Stacker

I plugged the castle link into my stock Axial ax 10 and it does not recognize it. I tried selecting sidewinder from the drop down menu, but no luck. What selection from the drop down menu should I choose. From all I read it should work with AE2 Esc .I wanted to increase drag brake.
What am I missing?
paul6ppca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul6ppca View Post
I plugged the castle link into my stock Axial ax 10 and it does not recognize it. I tried selecting sidewinder from the drop down menu, but no luck. What selection from the drop down menu should I choose. From all I read it should work with AE2 Esc .I wanted to increase drag brake.
What am I missing?
Have you got the latest version of Castle link?
When you plugged the dongle & usb into the RX plug were the light on on the dongle?
WIDELOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Just a quick update

A buddy was having issues with his dual mamba micro pros working on 4S. He had the latest firmware on it, and whenever it was plugged into 4S, it wouldn't arm. Just the red light would blink. Worked fine on 3S, but not 4S. So I rolled back to v1.24, and it worked perfectly. So I still hold it, that anything past v1.24 sucks
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #53
Rock Stacker

I have a Sidewinder, does anyone think it would be okay to run a 13 turn brushed with a 3S.

Im worried at the least the motor might go up in smoke with 11.1V.

Thanks the any input.
Cris
IceBox84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBox84 View Post
I have a Sidewinder, does anyone think it would be okay to run a 13 turn brushed with a 3S.

Im worried at the least the motor might go up in smoke with 11.1V.

Thanks the any input.
Cris
Yea you should be fine. I have been running a couple 12 turns for about 6 months with no issues.
cencal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

Sweet! Thanks for your help
IceBox84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
Just a quick update

A buddy was having issues with his dual mamba micro pros working on 4S. He had the latest firmware on it, and whenever it was plugged into 4S, it wouldn't arm. Just the red light would blink. Worked fine on 3S, but not 4S. So I rolled back to v1.24, and it worked perfectly. So I still hold it, that anything past v1.24 sucks

Had the same problem with my micro pro. I'll have to go back date the software tonight
sourdojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #57
RCC Addict

question here. i just had a cc mmp dump on me. i didnt csalibrate it first. i did the castle link first then went to calibrate it and the only thing i could get was an orange light after the initial beeps. didnt matter if i had my 4pk in normal or rev on throttle setting. all my trims and subtrims were at zero and still no calibrate. so i took it off and went to see if i messed something up in the software and now it wont even connect to my castle link. so i thought maybe the plug was bad that connects to the castle link so i took it out and checked but it was good. it wont even connect to my reciever now. im stumped. any ideas?
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
question here. I just had a CC MMP dump on me. I didn't calibrate it first, I did the Castle Link first then went to calibrate it and the only thing I could get was an orange light after the initial beeps. It didn't matter if I had my 4pk in normal or rev on throttle setting. All of my trims and subtrims were at zero and still no calibrate. So I took it off and went to see if I messed something up in the software and now it won't even connect to my castle link. I thought maybe the plug was bad that connects to the Castle Link, so I took it out and checked but it was good. It won't even connect to my reciever now. I'm stumped, any ideas?
What ESC firmware version did you load into the MMP (I'm assuming the "MMP" is a Mamba Max Pro"?)

There is no "Orange", read this.... http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...mamba_max.html (near the bottom) and report back.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
What ESC firmware version did you load into the MMP (I'm assuming the "MMP" is a Mamba Max Pro"?)

There is no "Orange", read this.... http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...mamba_max.html (near the bottom) and report back.
its the mamba micro pro and its the 1.24version software sorry. im a little color blind so it looks orange to me. its the middle light if that helps
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
It's the Mamba Micro Pro and its the 1.24 version software sorry. I'm a little color blind so it looks orange to me. It's the middle light if that helps
No problem.
I believe the link covers the Mamba Micro Pro as well (CC is pretty consistent across the board).

I don't have either my CC MM or MMP or MMicro Pro in front of me. I will assume it's the red LED. read the link and follow trouble shooting, I can check back later.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote