Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 3 Channel Radio w/3pos switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 3 Channel Radio w/3pos switch

What are the options for radios with 3 position center off momentary switches, I currenty l run a Traxxas TQ3 2.4 radio that I added a 3 pos center off momentary switch for my punk dig. A friend has a Spektrum DX3E which he is currently trying to set up for a 3 pos switch. The Traxxas is an OK radio but it sometimes loses it's bind while running, so you have to turn off the radio and turn it back on to re bind, and on 2 occasions it's lost the memory completly and I have had to go through the painfull process of reprogramming the entire radio resetting channel directions and EPA's. My friend's DX3E project is coming along and I'm sure he will eventually get it but my question is why isn't anyone producing a radio with 3 pos center off momentary switches that send signal while you hold the switch and stop sending when you release? the DX3E works good and has easy EPA and channel reversing adjustments but the fact that you have to double tap the switch (you have to manually turn the function off) stinks. I enjoy modding my crawler.....not the radio.

Anayways, is there a such a thing as a no-modify affordable radio out there for us dig users?
tigman250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Not sure about a no-mod radio, but how about an easy-mod radio (Futaba 3PL for $99)?
Check out the mod here:
Futaba 3PL DIY Momentary 3-Position EPAs and Trim
wantAsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Damn so the dx3e isn't a nomod alturnative for winch operation. i thought it had a on/off/on 3rd ch. standard?
dusty husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty husky View Post
Damn so the dx3e isn't a nomod alturnative for winch operation. i thought it had a on/off/on 3rd ch. standard?

The original poster asked specifically for a momentary switch. Un-modded, the DX3E has a sticky switch where you need to tap it the opposite direction to go back to neutral. This could be fine for what you need, just not for what he asked about. Trust me, I have nothing against the DX3E as long as it does what you need it to.
wantAsummit is offline   Reply With Quote