Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: bec from hell... lol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default bec from hell... lol

ok, i just installed a cc bec on my honcho. it is hooked up properly as i have one on my son's rs10 the same way. i have the red and black hooked into the batter wires coming out of the esc. bec plugged into where the lights normally are. B slot on rtr rx. red wire is pulled from esc to rx. as soon as i plug a battery in the stearing starts going crazy.. turned on my tx really quick cause i thought i had switch ON on truck but did not. once tx was on and all glitching stopped... once tx and rx are both on truck runs awesome. oh. when i turn switch on truck to on position it does normal beeps. also when truck is off and controller is on i can turn front wheels. but throttle does not work. but as soon as i turn on truck everything is fine... i can understand that once a battery is hooked up the bec recieves power but should it be doing this. should i just have my controller on before i even put battery in? or am i just crazy???
eyeopenher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default forgot...

i have bec mounted inside rx box wit reciever... could there be a problem wit that. it all fits and its sealed up and waterproofed... no ballon. just dielectric grease around edge and wire channel.. HELP.. BEC FROM HELL... its a cc by the way...
Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

They do that. Mine always did it too, until the last time I redid it all, now it is switched. Also don't leave a batt connected when not using it. The bec will drain the batt. In the case of lipos very bad.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default thank you..

yeah, i never leave a battery connected. just finished putting in bec and plugged in battery to try it out.. you say yours use to do this. glad to know i am some what normal... lol but now you rewired it.. did you wire directly to servo to stop it or just from re doing it it stopped???
Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default oh.....

by switched you mean there is a switch on it now... lol sorry. read it as its switched (as in back to normal now.. lol) sorry. been a long couple of years... lol thank you again...