Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Lipo dead?

One of my Lipos won't balance and doesn't have any punch at all when hooked up.... does that mean its dead? or is there some way to revitalize it?

It still reads 7.6 volts, but the LNC I run it in will not climb anything, nor does the slash have any balls to it with this battery.......
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Did it used to work good in both vehicles?
A 2S seems low for a Slash.

Do you have a 2nd battery that is the same/similar, if so, how does that work in your vehicles?

What connectors are you using, if a Tamiya plug, it may be shot and not allowing full power to the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

No I only have one 2s lipo.... I have some 6cell stick packs that deliver alot more punch than this one.... It's actually for my LOSI that I am afraid to put a 3s batt on the stock esc..... I only put it in the slash for testing purposes....

I charged it today and it took a 900mah... but it still wont balance.. i let it balance for a few hours after charging
Old 01-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
20K Club

Hmmmm, if the battery was made for the Losi and you put it in the slash you could have over amped it and blew a cell. What is the C rating and the capacity?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Hmmmm, if the battery was made for the Losi and you put it in the slash you could have over amped it and blew a cell. What is the C rating and the capacity?
I got the batt used from someone and it has always seemed underpowered.... it is a 2s 1300mah and I wanna say 25-30c... but not sure as the sticker rubbed off......

I just put it on the slash for a few minutes to test it and make sure it wasn't the crawler..... I am running 3s on the axial now and only using this one for the losi......the throttle is spongy with it, and it wont climb sometimes.... on top of it won't balance with a blinky, although it does show both cells are charged and balancing but it wont ever finish and it has no balls to it
Old 01-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
I got the batt used from someone and it has always seemed underpowered.... it is a 2s 1300mah and I wanna say 25-30c... but not sure as the sticker rubbed off......

I just put it on the slash for a few minutes to test it and make sure it wasn't the crawler..... I am running 3s on the axial now and only using this one for the losi......the throttle is spongy with it, and it wont climb sometimes.... on top of it won't balance with a blinky, although it does show both cells are charged and balancing but it wont ever finish and it has no balls to it
What is your setup in your Losi? Maybe it's not a 30c battery and it just doesn't have the amp draw capacity to support it.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
What is your setup in your Losi? Maybe it's not a 30c battery and it just doesn't have the amp draw capacity to support it.

completely stock....it's not a losi batt.... some other brand.... I never liked it on the axial either but I just didnt know if I was doing something wrong or not....
Old 01-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

any more info on this?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #9
RCC Addict

The fact is that batteries don't last forever, and they start losing power after just a few cycles. Some don't last as long as others, even when they are identical. And batteries go bad just sitting on a shelf. Just the way it is.

And it if was used, who knows how the original owner treated it?

Never buy used batteries.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote