Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: One FXR fine, the other Blinks like crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default One FXR fine, the other Blinks like crazy

Dual FXR setup not happy with me. Got the ESC's wired up (just like Harley has them) Set them each individually from the TH channel with all the programs the same on each one. Even if I only turn on ONE ESC the front one goes into normal mode, the rear ESC just blinks away like it's not calibrated.
Am I missing something? I've got the Pmix's all set like Harleys 4PK/3PK set ups are.

Last edited by Krakker; 01-08-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Tried calibrating from the Aux channel and it will not get a an neutral signal for anything. 3PK has the Spectrum Pro module and SR3001 rx., is there anything that could be wrong with that combo?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
20K Club

If it's blinking it's not getting signal from the RX.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It depends on how it is blinking. Have you got it to calibrate at all? If all the lights are blinking you have no signal, check your connection to the receiver or swap the plug to a different slot to try and figure out what is going on there. If the bottom or top 3 leds (Left or right actually, IDK why they refer to them as top and bottom) are flashing then you need to adjust the trim on that channel because the neutral position is "out of expected range"...Of course this only applies when it is on but not in the calibration mode.

If none of that helps they have some other good info in the manual, I would look through the troubleshooting section and see if they offer other solutions for your symptoms. Of course report back on exactly how it is blinking and we will try to get you back up and running, the more information the better.

I had a similar problem when I first got my duals setup. When I turned everything on the radio wasnt at even proportion so my rear esc wouldnt initiate. Took me a while to figure it out, happened to be ready to start a course so it was a tense couple minutes that felt like forever. After I figured it out I felt a little bit dumb.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Question

Well I moved the rx outta the way to see the lights, the "right" 3 were blinking. So I went back into the radio settings. My CH3 setting was at 100%, I think that was my problem (still crossing fingers) from the servo view the bottom graph was full up to the left. After I set it to zero, the servo view showed both graphs even. It still took a few times, but the ESC seems to be calibrated now from the AUX position in the rx. The lights on both ESC's now ramp up the same when pulling the throttle and burst from IN to OUT when applying the brake.
I was told that maybe it was because I was using a Spectrum module setup and maybe it couldn't read the AUX channel of the rx correctly, but the Punk dig unit worked fine so I figured it would be in the radio setting some where.
I took some pics of how my screens on the 3PKS look now. If you see anything wrong let me know. The first pic is of the CH3 that WAS at 100%.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

When you first turn the radio on do you hit your dig button? I know it's a stupid question but that's what it sounds like to me. You're just not "turning it on". You have to do it every time you turn on your radio.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
When you first turn the radio on do you hit your dig button? I know it's a stupid question but that's what it sounds like to me. You're just not "turning it on". You have to do it every time you turn on your radio.
Yeah, I'm hitting the dig buttons each time I turn the radio on.
It seems to be working now that I changed the CH3 to 0% on the radio. That would explain why the right 3 led's were blinking (in theory).
If anyone can compare their screens to what I've got and let me know if they match that would be cool.