Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need some help with Goat setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Need some help with Goat setup

For christmas my dad had given me his LCC which was equipped with the novak goat setup, he had run it a few times but he also owns two axials which see more time.

I didnt have a lipo charger untill today, so today the wife and I went to the LHS and got me a LIPO charger and I charged up both batteries. One is a losi crawler 3c in a blue wrapping, and the other is a "thunder power 3c" and I charged them using the instructions for the batteries and the charger.

I then went to a local crawl spot where i proceeded to goof around, I didnt run the truck hard by any means, was actually kind of gentle with it, upon crawling some rather moderate sections i started to hear some crunching comming from the truck and I then lost all forward motion, as well as reverse.

So i shut the truck off and the motor was pretty warm.....well hot actually. i came home fearing the worst, I put it on my hobby table and proceeded to troubleshoot, the axles did not bind, the tranny is fine, so i tried to run the motor seperated from the tranny and got no movement, just a slight humm.

I tried to charge the LIPO pack that was in the truck then the problem started (the losi pack) and am getting a low voltage warning from my charger, Is the pack fooked? I was able to start charging the other pack just fine, could my "no go" issue be a battery problem? I find it hard to believe a brand new motor could go poof after 30 minutes of crawling?

Any ideas, thanks.
Canadian Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Is it the Goat or is it a goat 3 cell version?

Depending on the charger, you might be able to revive the pack. I don't don't to post the details but I will send them to you and kind o walk you through it. Send me a PM with what charger you have, if you have a balancer, what version of the ESC, etc.

What motor is it, 17.5, 18.5, 21.5? How is it geared? Did it get bound up at all? With the Losi, if you even thing the front wheels are getting stuck, use the dig.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote