Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need Help - Program a DX6i

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #1

Default Need Help - Program a DX6i

Hi All,

I have seen the post on this forum where you can program a DX6i to use a 3 position servo operated dig switch. I have used this method on my RC4WD Diablo.

I am just about to build my new model a RC4WD Bully. I am hoping to use a single ESC (Novak Rooster Crawler Edition) together with a Punk Dig Switch from Punkrc.com.

Is there anyway I can program this handset by using mixing or something, so that I can use the Punk Switch for both front and back digs.

I hope that someone can help and look forward to hearing from you all.

Please help.

Cheers,

Fred
fred kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Should be exactly the same programing as a 3 position mechanical dig so your programing should work just fine. Just max out your endpoints and you should be good to go.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Should be exactly the same programing as a 3 position mechanical dig so your programing should work just fine. Just max out your endpoints and you should be good to go.

On the mechanical dig the servo moves full to dig and slightly less in the same direction to free wheel.

I want it to move lets say from centre to full right with one switch for front dig and then full left with another switch for rear dig.

That is the problem that I am having.

Cheers,

Fred
Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #4

Can anyone shed any light on this subject??
Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Can you post up the settings you are currently using? Seems like it wont be that easy since each of the switches are 2p...You will probably have to activate dig and then toggle the other switch to reverse that channel.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

On my DX6i I rotated the left joystick 90* so it moves freely left to right, then I made a 3 position "gate" for the joystick that controls the dig unit engagement. The throttle now has the spring return so it works out nicely. Maybe this setup could work for you?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #7

I think I have it set up.

I have set a mixing channel as per the post on this forum:

Set up in airplane mode...

Step 1 - go to mix 1 screen
step 2 - select - gear to gear act
step 3 - select - rate D -100% U 0%
step 4 - select - SW flap trim INH

I have left all the EPA's set for 100% in both directions for both the gear and flap channel.

If I now go to the setting where you can monitor the servo movements this is what happens.

Gear switch set to position "0", Flap switch set to position "1" with this setting the monitor shows that channel 5 which is gear is in the middle of its movment, Therefore when the punk dig stwich is plugged it it should be in 4WD, If I flick the gear switch to "1" it moves to the left on the monitor, hoping that this will turn on and off either front or rear dig. Rerturn Gear to "0" it is now back in the middle. If I flick the Flap switch now to position "0" this will make the monitor movement go in the other direction, hoping that this should turn on of off the other dig. Returning the flap to position "1" returns the monitor marker back to the central position.

I am right in thinking that this will operate the Punk Dig Switch??

Cheers,

Fred
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred kaz View Post
I think I have it set up.

I have set a mixing channel as per the post on this forum:

Set up in airplane mode...

Step 1 - go to mix 1 screen
step 2 - select - gear to gear act
step 3 - select - rate D -100% U 0%
step 4 - select - SW flap trim INH

I have left all the EPA's set for 100% in both directions for both the gear and flap channel.

If I now go to the setting where you can monitor the servo movements this is what happens.

Gear switch set to position "0", Flap switch set to position "1" with this setting the monitor shows that channel 5 which is gear is in the middle of its movment, Therefore when the punk dig stwich is plugged it it should be in 4WD, If I flick the gear switch to "1" it moves to the left on the monitor, hoping that this will turn on and off either front or rear dig. Rerturn Gear to "0" it is now back in the middle. If I flick the Flap switch now to position "0" this will make the monitor movement go in the other direction, hoping that this should turn on of off the other dig. Returning the flap to position "1" returns the monitor marker back to the central position.

I am right in thinking that this will operate the Punk Dig Switch??

Cheers,

Fred
I cant quite imagine what the hell you just said but there is only a little piece of information that is important...If you can move a channel from side to side on the monitor, it will run the punk dig. If it doesnt work bump your end points up so the punk notices your inputs.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #9

or you can simplify it by using the 3 position switch on the top left of the radio so that the middle position is off and down is front dig and up is rear dig. Thats how i have my dx7 setup and its simple and works perfect
Russellx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellx View Post
or you can simplify it by using the 3 position switch on the top left of the radio so that the middle position is off and down is front dig and up is rear dig. Thats how i have my dx7 setup and its simple and works perfect

Hi,

That switch is for Idle up 0,1,2 which I use on my helicopters (I have both a DX7 and a DX6i), but the DX6i only has normal and idle up 1. Not a 3 way switch