Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: quick chargers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #1

Default quick chargers?

i was wanting to know what a good brand of quick chargers is? so let me know please.
keystone crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
RCC Addict

there is no such thing as a quick charger. btw what kind of battery do you want to charge? that will also depend on the type of charger
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #3

i dont know what the battery i have know is all i know is that it is a 7.2 trinity reference. but when i get a new charger i will also buy a new battery and i havent decided what battery im going to get yet
Old 01-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone crawler View Post
i dont know what the battery i have know is all i know is that it is a 7.2 trinity reference. but when i get a new charger i will also buy a new battery and i havent decided what battery im going to get yet
im guessing you have a NIMH battery.

are you thinking of lipo? get a lipo charger, it will charge both lipo and NIMH.

if your planning on sticking with NIMH, get a nimh charger
Old 01-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
there is no such thing as a quick charger. btw what kind of battery do you want to charge? that will also depend on the type of charger
By quick charger he probably means something other than the slowarse wall charger than came with his vehicle/battery.

Keystone, do you have a budget in mind? Are you wanting to stay with the Ni-MH or go LiPo?
ClaySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaySlayer View Post
By quick charger he probably means something other than the slowarse wall charger than came with his vehicle/battery.

Keystone, do you have a budget in mind? Are you wanting to stay with the Ni-MH or go LiPo?
he has a AX-10 scorpion. he has been pretty much spamming he general tech topic instead of getting the newbie topic..

anyways, with the AX-10, you need to buy a charger, so its not like a factory cheapo charger..
Old 01-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaySlayer View Post

is what the deal is. is that i already have a charger that was my dads he said it was prolly bought in 1985 but it still works. and the reason im asking is because i dont know anything about the batterys or chargers and my step dad wants to get a axial ax10 like mine and he says that his budget is atleast 500 and i was just wanting to get him a charger that will charge them in 15minutes like mine
Old 01-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
is what the deal is. is that i already have a charger that was my dads he said it was prolly bought in 1985 but it still works. and the reason im asking is because i dont know anything about the batterys or chargers and my step dad wants to get a axial ax10 like mine and he says that his budget is atleast 500 and i was just wanting to get him a charger that will charge them in 15minutes like mine
15min? im guessing your running an incredibly low Mah stick, unless your charging at a very high amperage..
Old 01-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #9

my stick is a 2200 i think and the charger all you do is turn the the timer and it just goes up to 15 and then it charges it
Old 01-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
my stick is a 2200 i think and the charger all you do is turn the the timer and it just goes up to 15 and then it charges it
okay, so you do have a kind of low MAH.

Also, im pretty sure that the charger doesnt charge the pack fully, and is just based off the time you set it too.

look into buying a charger like this for a NIMH and youll be fine, it may charge slower, but it will definteiy charge the bat till its full.

also, its a cheap charger, so youll be good on your 500 budget
Old 01-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #11

Quote:
okay, so you do have a kind of low MAH.

Also, im pretty sure that the charger doesnt charge the pack fully, and is just based off the time you set it too.

look into buying a charger like this for a NIMH and youll be fine, it may charge slower, but it will definteiy charge the bat till its full.

also, its a cheap charger, so youll be good on your 500 budget
ok i will look at it thanks
Old 01-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
ok i will look at it thanks
no problem. BTW, can you post any newbie questions in the Newbie section? i didnt mean to flag on you, but it just got alittle annoying seeing to many newbie threads in the general topic
Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #13

Quote:
no problem. BTW, can you post any newbie questions in the Newbie section? i didnt mean to flag on you, but it just got alittle annoying seeing to many newbie threads in the general topic
im sorry the reason i put it hear is because i put it in the newbie section and it had a lot of views but no replys
Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
im sorry the reason i put it hear is because i put it in the newbie section and it had a lot of views but no replys
oh okay. lol