Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 3Racing winch intermittent.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #1

Default 3Racing winch intermittent.

Hey guys, I am working on my scx10 dingo. I have been doing some mods and what not. I added this winch. I did a traxxas rocker switch change over. I am using a traxxas 2.4ghz link and 5 channel reciever. As of now I have my winch hooked directly to a battery 6 cell nimh. I then also have my esc hooked up to another 6 cell nimh. I will eventually tie everything to one battery but I will be using my winch and then it works great and then I go to hit it again and nothing. The truck wont move or anything. I am not sure what is going on. The connections are good. It is kinda in the middle of project mode so I dont run it just was toyying with it. Can anyone help me with what is going on or any recommendations on wiring. I definatley want to be able to control it with my radio (the winch)

Please help

Thanks!

Avyman
Avyman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

OK, to clarify:

You have a rig.
You have seperate batteries for the rig (radio reciever, ESC & steering) and winch.
When you call for "winch" it works, second time you call for "winch" everything dies?

1-Is the above correct?
2-Are any lights on (RX, ESC)?

Sounds like a bad RX connection, or possibly a failing battery pack.
Does the RX have an on/off switch?
Have you swapped batteries around?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #3

Yes to all of those.

I will be getting a new battery here soon with more mah. I am still running the stock esc and 27t axial motor. I will definatley try the battery pack change. I know a lot of guys have been running winches and so on. I am still currently running the standard plug white end style connectors. I was going to buy a Y Harness to run both winch and the esc, steering, radio, etc. My question is is this a bad idea or any harm in it? I was thinking a 6 cell nimh as that is all the axial stock esc can handle to my knowledge and 5000 mah or more for the run time. I thought about two batteries but that will make it top heavy in my opinion.

If you have any other ideas of hooking the winch up or any recommendations let me know

Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #4

By the way. When the winch and nothing move acts up my lights are still on and bright. I know when I was running it stock they would dim as the battery got to the end of its run. I am using the stock switch to control the esc of off and on. I also do have the circuit board as I call it for the winch going to the RX and a seperate battery.

Thanks again