Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: castle bec causing glitching?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default castle bec causing glitching?

I'm chasing some sort of electrical gremlin on my LNC. It came to me with a stock esc, titan 21T, hsr-5995tg, CC BEC. It's had troubles since I got it, only seeming to get worse with each thing I tried to fix it with. Today I got my HH handwound 35T in it (to rule out the motor being the issue) and it was awful. So I put a TR2 in it that I had.. worked perfect. However, I had to disconnect the BEC when I swapped esc's. I took the stock esc apart to see if it had an visible signs of damage, and there was none, so I put it back together. Just for shits and giggles, I put it back in the rig to see if the problem was still there, but didn't hook up the CC bec.. worked perfect. I haven't gone ahead and reconnected the BEC to see if that's the problem, but it might be.

How could it be the problem though? Anyone ever heard of a CC bec CAUSING a problem instead of FIXING a problem?
marvinbeaverdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Yup,went through the exact same problem and it turned out to be the CC BEC.time to replace it.
scottkerley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkerley View Post
Yup,went through the exact same problem and it turned out to be the CC BEC.time to replace it.
It was the BEC, but wiring it to bypass the RX solved the problem.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

thats what i had to do.. i had my servo power leads connected to my bec,while the servo signal wire was in the rx.. soo basicly my mamba soeed control's bec ran the rx while i had my ccbec wired directly to the battery via speed control plug bypassing the rx and everything running only my 9100t servo.. ran great that way
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ok time to chime in. I also have glitchy problems but not sure what it is, I was told it was the 2.4mhz am radio rx setup but a friend has the same tx/rx & his is perfect and has no bec.

How would I wire my bec up so it still works & fixes the problems?
EEM-CrawlinMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
Ok time to chime in. I also have glitchy problems but not sure what it is, I was told it was the 2.4mhz am radio rx setup but a friend has the same tx/rx & his is perfect and has no bec.

How would I wire my bec up so it still works & fixes the problems?
If you have a BEC, then get a y-harness. get something like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTSK2&P=7 and plug the servo into one of the female ends, the BEC into the other female end (snip the white signal wire on this lead), and snip the pos and neg on the lead that goes to the male plug (which you'll put in the 1st channel on the RX)
If you don't want to snip them, you can also just use a knife or small screwdriver to undo that particular wire that goes into the plug and just fold it back and wrap with electrical tape. When I made mine I took all the wires out of the plug, slipped on a piece of shrink tubing, put it back together and put the shrink tube over the wire I took out and shrunk it down.
Go to this thread BEC hook-up help to see a good picture of what I'm describing. t3rry shows a good pic of it.

Last edited by marvinbeaverdip; 01-28-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: error
Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

What you are describing is pretty much my No Brainer BEC.
No Brainer BEC
Just plug and play!
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

a simple (modified) y harness will fix you up.

T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote