Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Super rooster glitching fixes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #1

Default Super rooster glitching fixes

I have a barely used super rooster in my clod build, stock chassis, venom 19t motors, two 645mg servos, 7.2V 4500mah nimh battery and I'm getting some glitching from it. I've programmed it a few times and it doesn't seem to help. I've tried three different tx/rx combos(mx3 75mhz FM, futaba, 75mhz AM and traxxas tq3) but it still glitches. I can drive it around for a few minutes then all of a sudden it just takes off on its own. I can still steer it and if I shut off the tx it will stop. I tried this in my trailfinder and it does the same thing, same radios and servo with a integy 55t motor so I'm sure its the esc.

I did some searching and it looks like this was a common problem with the super rooster, but it was hit or miss. Some people had no problems other had all kinds of problems.

The venom motors have the factory installed caps and I soldered on three caps to the integy motor. I have the esc mounted to the front of the chassis and the receiver mounted at the rear(as far apart as I can get them) but still have the same issue. The steering never glitches just the super rooster. When it takes off on its own I can pick it up and after a few seconds it will stop and then its fine again.

What are some things I try before I buy something else?
obrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #2

so i am thinking of buying a new rooster crawler esc,motor combo. but after reading a bit on here i am starting to wonder if i should ?
nhtoyotawheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #3

Mine is just a super rooster, not the new brushless crawler setup that they have. But after doing some searching it looks like even the new stuff from novak has glitching issues.
obrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #4

thats what i am looking into, the brushed rooster crawler combo.
nhtoyotawheeler is offline   Reply With Quote