Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Crawler acting crazy, need some suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Crawler acting crazy, need some suggestions

I recently bought a scale shop roller with no electronics, I took all my electronics (that were working fine) out of my ax10 and put in scaler. Now the scaler is "jumpy" at times like it is getting radio interferance or something but never had that problem when in ax10. I have changed esc to a rooster same result, changed reciever and radio to a JR that my brother had, moved the esc away from the reciever, changed location of antenna. still jumpy! The only thing left is the motor but i don't think its the motor b/c sometimes it starts jumping when it sitting still.....HELP!

Thanks Guys!
Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Look at your servo harness very carefully, if it is damaged it can cause all kinds of weird stuff with the elecs. I have seen it a handful of times. Een sometimes I have seen an RX not like an esc no matter have far apart they were - that was a Traxxas Velineon and a AE rx, so thats kind of a unique and different situation, but for what its worth.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I'd start with drugs and heavy swearing.

If that don't fix ya try isolating the radio gear away from the chassis. Maybe as simple as another layer of double stick?
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
I'd start with drugs and heavy swearing.

If that don't fix ya try isolating the radio gear away from the chassis. Maybe as simple as another layer of double stick?
It's on velcro so is pretty isolated...also changed motor earlier still doing it, so it pretty much has to be servo considering I changed everything else, or something with the battery

Finally figured it out....changed servo and it was still acting up so moved the servo wires to the other side of the chassis and it got much better. originally the servo wire, motor, and battery wires were all together and seems to be the culprit

Last edited by Slowbro; 02-06-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote