Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: nimh battery issue, any advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #1

Default nimh battery issue, any advice

Hello all,
I have a nimh 1500 mah 8 cell battery pack which is mounted to my front axle on my ax10. I have may have 6-7 charges on this battery. I have an eosos606i charger which i am using. For some reason the battery will not take a charge past 3:25. I tried doing a decharge and it didn't help. I do have another battery and that one charges fine.
What should i be looking for or doing differently or is my battery just no good. If it is no good, is it possible maybe one cell went bad and i can rebuild the battery pack. Do people even do that? I'm just at a lost and need some help with this matter.

Thanks
Dennis
Banshee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

most likely you have a dead cell or a loose battery bar....i had the same thing do that with my 8 cells i made, once it was a loose bar and another battery it was a dead cell ....if you can try it in the truck again or while charging it, it will/might get hot in only one spot from resistance and most likely that is where your loose bar or bad cell is....i found the loose bar that way, but i had to volt meter each cell to find the dead one........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #3

Thanks Bob, I just tried this and 1 cell got hot. I take it i can just remove this one cell and just have the 7 without any issues. I will test it first to make sure of course. I just put my rig back together and this is the main battery for it, talk about bad timing.

Thanks
dennis
Old 02-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

you can run it on 7 cells till you get replacement cells to fix it....here is where i bought my loose 1500 cells from to build my seven 8 cell pack nimh packs for under 100.00 bucks ....

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?ap...uid=76620DD738

if you can solder you can replace the bad cell or resolder the loose bar, not hard at all .........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #5

thanks, this is what I will do. They have the same batteries that i am running so this is perfect.