Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wiring lights with tekin fxr and bec

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Default Wiring lights with tekin fxr and bec

My setup is with a tekin fxr set to 3s with a cc bec set at 6 volts. Is all I need to do is hook into the bec wires after the bec unit? Or do i just plug the supplied light plug into channel 3 of my receiver to get my power. The pictorial instruction on the junfac site looks like the supplied light plug is going to the battery port on the receiver???? shouldn't the bec plug in there???? Or are they assuming the power is coming from the ESC. Are you confused yet???
Any info would be helpful!!!

Last edited by SANTAVY1; 02-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.
SANTAVY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Are you trying to run only the LEDs on the BEC? Or are you trying to not use the FXR BEC and power your RX, SX, and LEDs from the CC BEC? I am not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. LEDs draw such low amperage that it is okay to run several off the RX. The battery bus on an RX can handle around 10a or more, and only running 1 servo leaves a lot for running LEDs. Use this site to figure out your total light amperage:

http://ledcalc.com/#calc

I plugged in 25 on that calculator and with 6V supply and 3.4V drop across the LEDs, you still only draw 433mA.

So in theory you could run everything off of the CC BEC, in which case you remove the power wire from the FXR, but in reality the FXR BEC should be able to handle it. Now if you want to run a winch or something like that you might want the BEC, but the FXR BEC is 3A. I know a lot of people on here are running a BEC for mega-torque servos, I guess it just depends on your rig.
rod.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #3

I'm running the cc bec because I need 6 volts for my 200 oz. Servo. So do I just plug the lights into channel 3 on the receiver or do I hard wire into the output side of the bec for power????
Old 02-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Yes.

Either way would be fine (but one or the other). Are you running the RX power from the FX-R BEC, or the CC BEC? If from the CC BEC it doesn't matter if you connect it to channel 3 or the output of the BEC directly, although you might want channel 3 for something later. Of course if you run the RX power from the FX-R BEC and run the LEDs from the RX, you will be powering them from the FXR (obviously). The current draw is so low I don't think it matters either way.

BTW, the FX-R BEC is 6v and 3a (but they don't state the input voltage for that rating), does your servo manufacturer state the required amperage for the servo? Running it at 3s could make lower amperage on the FXR BEC, in which case you may want the CC BEC. Otherwise you are probably over complicating your setup with an external BEC, IMO. It won't hurt to have more power though
rod.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #5

COOL, YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!