Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig ESC / M11X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #1

Default Novak M2 Dig ESC / M11X

Can someone help with the set up of the M2 Dig ESC using a M11X?
Axial Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I have a DX3E with a 3 position toggle switch. Before I set up my M-2, I set the transmitter end points to 50%. Then I went through the M-2s set up mode. It put me pretty close but I ended up turning up my end points to get it dead on. But I'm only set up for front/ rear dig and 4 wheel. Cant help ya if your going for proportional control.
NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

sure take a hammer and smash it and then get a tekin fxr and a punk dig everyone i know plus me who has had the m2 has nothiing good to say about it i know some people have had luck with it but not to many do yourself a favor and sell it before it goes up in smoke
txcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcrawl View Post
sure take a hammer and smash it and then get a tekin fxr and a punk dig everyone i know plus me who has had the m2 has nothiing good to say about it i know some people have had luck with it but not to many do yourself a favor and sell it before it goes up in smoke
Me and about 10 others have the m-2 no problem sick with it less crap to deal with under the hood
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
LOL you Dick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
Me and about 10 others have the m-2 no problem sick with it less crap to deal with under the hood

uh huh. 2 fxrs, or a single FXR or CC Esc has less wires and crap than a single M-2.

things look like a purple and orange rats nest. I would go look @ the pretty electonix thread and see what you're missing out on!

Yea it works. But have you used a CC ESC ?

Last edited by BEELZEBOB; 02-14-2011 at 04:55 PM.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
i could not put it in better words my self ....i totally agree
hyatt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
LOL you Dick!

uh huh. 2 fxrs, or a single FXR or CC Esc has less wires and crap than a single M-2.

things look like a purple and orange rats nest. I would go look @ the pretty electonix thread and see what you're missing out on!

Yea it works. But have you used a CC ESC ?

well im not totally bashing on novak just the m2 yea some people have had luck the few that have had luck like it of course but then theres the many who have had more problems then they would like to admit me included. i just think that it honestly wasnt ready when it was released it was never meant to be ran on 3s and then everybody started saying they werent going to buy it if it couldnt runs 3s and so novak begam "testing" and who knew you can use 3s not. Even with a external bec it still went up in smoke and not just mine i know of others but with a little work it could be a good esc.
txcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
20K Club

Moved to Electronics
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I think I gave the M2 a good try out but eventhough it worked it still had its issues like no hill holding, weak dig hold, won't work with a CC BEC and it takes up a lot of space.

I switched over to 2 FXRs and a wantAsummit adapter and have room to spare and I can use my CC BEC. It was a night and day difference. with the M2 I had a dig that felt like the non-powered end was freewheeling and dig was non-existant in reverse. Now I hit dig and the crawler turns within its own length. I still have propo but now it works smoother, accelerates smooth and just feels better.

Sorry Novak but I've never had any real success with any product except for the T-1 ESC and the old AM 75MHz RXI used in 1988.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote