Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX3 won't setup with FXR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
TSK
Shelf queen

Default DX3 won't setup with FXR

I vey recently replaced my 3pk (with spektrum module) with a used DX3. The problem i am having is with the one touch setup, it won't find full throttle or full reverse.

Setup is:
- DX3
- sr3500 rx
- FXR
- 3s
- CC BEC @ 7v (wired to the rx)

Basiscally, all I did was rebind the sr3500 with the DX3. When I do the one touch setup, it finds neutral fine. When I pull full throttle it doesn't calibrate, and hitting reverse does nothing either.

When I reverse the throttle channel, it'll won't calibrate full throttle, but if I hit reverse first, it calibrates, and then trying to hit full throttle again does nothing.

I've messed with "travel adjust" and it seems that it'll will only recognize neutral when both FWD and BRM are at 50.

If I rebind to the 3PK, it set's up like normal.

I have binded the DX3 to a losi rx with a Rooster Crawler, and it sets up fine.

WTF am i doing wrong?
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Have you tried moving you throttle end points? Set them at 100% that might be it, if that don't do, it run them up a little.
beidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
TSK
Shelf queen

I tried them at 125, 100, 70, 50, 20 & 1.

It seems like the FXR will only calibrate neutral position when they are set below 50.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Had this exact same problem the other day with my DX3S and FX-R. The TX sat in my car for the last 3 months unused. Went to make sure everything still worked with my crawler, and nothing! Wouldn't move. The steering and dig servo worked fine, but no throttle. No matter what I did, nothing worked. Hmm. After about 2 solid hours of trying everything, I went back to the TX. What I found was somehow my throttle SUB TRIM got cranked up to 999, even though the value only goes up to 100. Some type of glitch. Anyways, set it back to 0 and it worked fine! I thought I was going to have to buy a new radio. Not that it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get away from Spektrum..........
NOMERCY!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMERCY!! View Post
Had this exact same problem the other day with my DX3S and FX-R. The TX sat in my car for the last 3 months unused. Went to make sure everything still worked with my crawler, and nothing! Wouldn't move. The steering and dig servo worked fine, but no throttle. No matter what I did, nothing worked. Hmm. After about 2 solid hours of trying everything, I went back to the TX. What I found was somehow my throttle SUB TRIM got cranked up to 999, even though the value only goes up to 100. Some type of glitch. Anyways, set it back to 0 and it worked fine! I thought I was going to have to buy a new radio. Not that it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get away from Spektrum..........
My subtrims are set at zero... But one of the mixs was at 107 offset, and I couldn't change the value without reetting thae model memory.

The only reasaon why I'm changing tx's is that the 3pk is too nice a radio for my taste. I;d probably stick with all the losi 2 channel radios if they had a third channel. That thing is so cheap, i'm not really afraid of dropping it.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
TSK
Shelf queen

Emailed both tekin and Spektrum.

Tekin said check my EPA's, which I have done alraedy.

No reply from Spektrum yet.

Any more ideas?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Emailed both tekin and Spektrum.

Tekin said check my EPA's, which I have done alraedy.

No reply from Spektrum yet.

Any more ideas?
ANy answer from Spektrum yet? Is this fixed?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote