Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Glitching Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Glitching Problems

Hey guys, just got my crawler up and running and I've noticed some glitching in it. Here are the specs on it.

Tekin Rebel II ESC
HH 35t Torquemaster 540
CC BEC(factory voltage)
HS645mg(dig servo)
HS7995tg(steering)
JR XR3 Tx/Rx
11.1v 2000mah 3s lipo
lipo cut-off

I've noticed that if I turn the steering to full lock on a right hand turn, the dig servo will start to operate and the crawler will surge forward, or the wheels will saw back and forth a bit. Also, when starting a climb, sometimes it will surge forward for about 1-2feet and then stop. Ive also noticed that I have a very limited range on this radio, less than 10 feet. I followed Tekin's instructions on binding the system. This is my first crawler so I may be doing something wrong.

I've also read that having the CC BEC to close to the receiver can cause problems. After work tonight, I'll post pictures of how I have everything set up. But for the time being, any ideas on how to fix this?

Zack
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

:crickets:

Anyone?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Sounds like there is some kind of mixing going on. I will download the instructions on the radio and get back to you.
beidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

also my steering channel wont reverse ? and it only glitches when I give it throttle , not just sitting there.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beidave View Post
Sounds like there is some kind of mixing going on. I will download the instructions on the radio and get back to you.

Thanks, I'm finally going to upload some pics tonight when I get home that shows the location of all the electronics...maybe get a video of it glitching as well.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Can you watch the RX lights when you turn the steering? The CC BEC may be set too low for the servo loads, thus dropping the voltage to the RX.

I have a similar issue in my rig (CC MM, big HiTec TG servo) where the rigs "dies" at times. I found the servo load kills the RX (it's NOT a battery problem, the MM does NOT reboot when this happens).

Check this out, you may be just getting low on RX voltage thus causing glitches.

Keeping the BEC & ESC a distance from the RX & antenna usually helps as well, granted, you can only move them so far apart in a rig.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote