Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: WT Running dual MMP's on 3s 35T motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default WT Running dual MMP's on 3s 35T motors

Hey Guys I want to Run dual MMP's on 3s 35T motors on my berg build..But my Radio is a dx3-e I was thinking I could use a novak "THE DIG" I think all the elec. should work together. I don't want to buy a 4pk radio. any help/info would be great.

or should I run another esc & punk dig/rc4wd dig?????
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Hey Guys I want to Run dual MMP's on 3s 35T motors on my berg build..But my Radio is a dx3-e I was thinking I could use a novak "THE DIG" I think all the elec. should work together. I don't want to buy a 4pk radio. any help/info would be great.

or should I run another esc & punk dig/rc4wd dig?????

That should work fine with the DX3E, But you wont get the true functionality of dual esc's. Dual esc's work best on a 4ch radio that so you can proportionally control the front and rear esc's. With the NOVAK DIG, you'll only have normal front dig and rear dig. No mixing.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
That should work fine with the DX3E, But you wont get the true functionality of dual esc's. Dual esc's work best on a 4ch radio that so you can proportionally control the front and rear esc's. With the NOVAK DIG, you'll only have normal front dig and rear dig. No mixing.
If ran that set-up this should eliminate clod stall?? Only fine tunning I'll be able to do is set up on esc with CC link.?
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
You can run dual ESCs with a three channel radio like the Futaba 3PK/S since it has dual mixing capabilities. You can get these used for $50-150.

Another option is the wantAsummit adapter which gives you proportional control to a degree with a radio that has assignable switches so you can assign a 3POS and Aux linear to channel three. $40.

Then there's the new Futaba 4PL that you can get for $200-250.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote