Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hitec 7955TG has huge dead spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Hitec 7955TG has huge dead spot

For the first time in ages I was tinkering on my 2.2 comp rig and plugged a battery in to play with steering setups. Besides the fact that the servo is extremely annoying which I guess many of them are.. It would never shut up, even with the rig picked up @ neutral. Plus it warmed up quick which I don't know if it used to, never thought to check it.. It was about 105*F after 5 minutes of playing around. Nothing was seriously binding up at all.

Biggest issue I have with it, and I think it had this for a while but never adressed it, is a huge dead spot at neutral. I can turn the wheels one way to full lock and let go and it returns to center but then I can steer a little more and let go and it stays put, go back and forth and it stays where I leave it, upto a point.. Would I need the programmer I've heard about to narrow this or is something wrong? It whips back and forth as fast and powerful as ever otherwise.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #2

Maybe some travel or sensitivity adj setting on your radio?
SoCalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

my 7955 is loud also, but it never gets hot. Well, it hasnt yet, the most i have run truck is about 30-35 minutes
dynamaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Thought I should post that the problem has been resolved after I actually sat down and started going over the servo more closely.

I was using the Hot Racing clamp on servo horn and the little tiny bolts weren't tight.. They *felt* tight because the heads are too tight of a fit in the recess of the horn, when in fact it was still loose.. I replaced the bolts with some Axial trans output bolts and they screwed right in and allowed me to properly tighten it up. Don'cha love it when it's that easy?

As for the heat issue it was only that one time. I've actually ran the rig several times since then and the heatsink is barely warm to the touch so that's that I guess.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote