Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Reverse ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Reverse ?

I have the mmp pro with the 18.5 ballistic. I have the brake at 50% and forward and reverse at 100%. I can slowly move the throttle forward to full but the reverse only has a little movement from neutral to reverse making it very jumpy. Is this way on the 4pl normal it's like the 70/30 not the 50/50 movement on the trigger. I can not get the adjustment on the trigger to move for sh?! So just wondering if this is what most people have set up or should be posting in the electronics area for the radio as it might be messed up.
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i've got the same system and i'm running (still waiting on the Clink to confirm, but my LHS set it up and i kind of watched) and mine is setup for 100% forward, 100% reverse; don't know about the brake, don't think i have any setup on my MMP since the worm gears do that for you without the ESC having to make that adjustment. Also have throttle curve set to start at 10% and it's linear. So far it works very well, only that my motor gets hot.

Does your motor get hot after a battery pack?
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

how hot does the motor get after a pack? if it gets near or even over 160*f you got problems somewhere. i would check the whole drivetrain for binding and check your gear mesh
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

My motor seems ok did'nt check with the temp gun though. I put my brake @ 50% but I don't think it matters much with the hd worms. I do notice a lot of noice once I changed my drive shafts to lnc metal ones, they click alot.
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

the brake doesnt matter on any crawler since we dont have a normal brake with instant reverse. as long as your lnc shafts have no binding i wouldnt worry about the noise. to help with the reverse try change the brake(reverse) curve, it may help with the jumpy-ness
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote