Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Honcho jumping and hessitating at take off......NEED HELP!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #1

Default Honcho jumping and hessitating at take off......NEED HELP!!

I got a honcho and on a fully charged battery I can take off full throttle and the truck will hessitate and jump real bad. Used to I could go fast in reverse and then full forward throttle and pop the front end straight up. Not now, just hessitation and jumping. It does the same thing if I try to climb over a pillow in the floor. Another thing is when the front tires are in the least bit of a bind, the truck won't do anything (turn or go) until I pick the front off the ground a little, then the servo will turn right then left. Then the truck will go and turn again. Please HELP!!
dgcghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

can u give a little bit more info as to what eletrionics r on it. sounds like u might have some probs with them espicialy if they are stock like the speed control. my ax10 did that i emailed axial an told them i was haveing a prob with myspeedo an they r sending me a replacment. the ae1 is just junk took my lrp ai outta my tc4 prob was gone.
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Most likely you stock speed control's bec is not sufficient enough to power both your reciever and you servo. What is happening is like a brown out. A bec should solve your problem. I recommend a Castle Creations bec, they are only about 20-25 dollars and can be programmed for different voltages. If you program it at 6 volts you should get more torque with the stock servo.

Hope this helps.
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax-10 crazy View Post
Most likely you stock speed control's bec is not sufficient enough to power both your reciever and you servo. What is happening is like a brown out. A bec should solve your problem. I recommend a Castle Creations bec, they are only about 20-25 dollars and can be programmed for different voltages. If you program it at 6 volts you should get more torque with the stock servo.

Hope this helps.
+1, I just went through this on my 2.2 Bully rig. I figured it out by watching the RX light, under load the light would go out but the ESC stayed lit. Pick up the front wheels and the RX lite came back on.
Did a CC BEC, no more issues.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote