Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Homes H2Oproof ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Homes H2Oproof ESC

I really want to get a waterproof setup for a Axial scx10. I've been thinking of using the Vileneon ESC with a brushed motor, even though it lacks a drag brake. I've used a whole Vileneon setup in my previous Honcho build, and was satisfied with how it worked, but now I'm looking into a Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL waterproofed ESC. I noticed it has a 60 day warranty, and was wondering if anyone has been running one of these for a while (way over 60 days) and has put it through mud, water, etc. on a regular basis. Thanks for any input!
-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
I really want to get a waterproof setup for a Axial scx10. I've been thinking of using the Vileneon ESC with a brushed motor, even though it lacks a drag brake. I've used a whole Vileneon setup in my previous Honcho build, and was satisfied with how it worked, but now I'm looking into a Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL waterproofed ESC. I noticed it has a 60 day warranty, and was wondering if anyone has been running one of these for a while (way over 60 days) and has put it through mud, water, etc. on a regular basis. Thanks for any input!
-bryan
I have two of them, it they say Holmes on them you don't have to worry. He builds great products.
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

and as far as the waterproof esc. He doesn't do a half ass waterproof job on these. they are sealed with heavy duty hard epoxy so they are built to KEEP the water out and last.
love my holmes hobbies esc and handwound motor
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I was pretty much sold just based on the guy's rep. Just needed the nudge from some actual product owners to pull the trigger on it. I was thinking of teaming it up with a 35t and using my 2s Lipo. Thanks for the quick response guys!
-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I was pretty much sold just based on the guy's rep. Just needed the nudge from some actual product owners to pull the trigger on it. I was thinking of teaming it up with a 35t and using my 2s Lipo. Thanks for the quick response guys!
-bryan
you won't be disapointed. make sure you pick up a castle creations castle link so you can take advantage of the programming options via computer.

running handwound 45t motor on 3s lipo.
check my build thread here
LEE'S scx10 honcho build (PIC HEAVY)
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
-bryan
Don't be afraid of voltage. I am running 4s on mine with zero heat issues. They'll handle 6s
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote