RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   dx3e wont go into bind mode (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/303696-dx3e-wont-go-into-bind-mode.html)

TheRockguy 03-05-2011 02:48 PM

dx3e wont go into bind mode

today I recieved a spare rx and first it wouldnt bind at all, then my tx wont even go into bind mode at all.

I switched back to other reciever and tried again, rx went into bind mode just fine, but the tx is refusing to go into bind mode? I am just getting a solid green bar and no flashing red or anything on the tx.:x any ideas on this?
I have pulled the batteries and put them back in and tried again (a few times) but am out of ideas already.

fishonron 03-05-2011 05:37 PM

dx3e

Make sure your throttle EPA is set in the middle. If not it will not bind, I just got one and the EPA was maxxed out and would not bind. Set the EPA in the middle and all set.

wantAsummit 03-05-2011 05:41 PM

What model receiver are your binding to (both new and old)? Some have a bind button that needs to be pushed at power-up and some have a bind plug which needs to be installed in the bind port at power-up.

TheRockguy 03-05-2011 07:13 PM

im trying to bind the dx3e and a sr300 reciever (stock in box with dx3e) what im having trouble with is the Transmitter, I hold the bind button and turn it on, it is supposed to go into bind mode (ive done it before with these very same tx rx) but nothing happens the red light will not turn on and start blinking, nothing.

Im assuming now something must have gone wrong with the TX and will contact Spektrum about the issue.

Charlie-III 03-06-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRockguy (Post 2968049)
im trying to bind the dx3e and a sr300 reciever (stock in box with dx3e) what im having trouble with is the Transmitter, I hold the bind button and turn it on, it is supposed to go into bind mode (ive done it before with these very same tx rx) but nothing happens the red light will not turn on and start blinking, nothing.

Im assuming now something must have gone wrong with the TX and will contact Spektrum about the issue.

Does it have a bind plug, if so, are you using it?
I'm a Futaba guy, don't know much about Spektrums.:shock:

TheRockguy 03-06-2011 09:30 AM

yes it has bind plug and yes im using it, the problem is not with my RX it is going into bind (flashing green light) it is the TX wont go into bind mode (signified by a flashing red light)

Chevdog 03-06-2011 12:44 PM

Are u holding the bind button before u power up the transmitter? If u hold it after u power the tx, I don't think it will work.

TheRockguy 03-06-2011 05:42 PM

I am, how hard is it to take this TX apart im thinking that the button is malfunctioned and maybe I can find a fix.

TrailDawg362 03-06-2011 05:51 PM

Try holding the tx and rx farther apart when binding. I read that if they are too close together, it may not bind properly. I had the same issue but that resolved it "thumbsup".

TheRockguy 03-06-2011 05:58 PM

I have tried it at a multitude of distances, but the red light on the TX refuses to begin flashing.:evil:

and I just got new alum. shocks, and 5.5 inch narrowed g3 mashers on rockstar rims!!!!!!:evil::evil: it looks badass but cant go anywhere!!!!:cry:

CD13 03-06-2011 07:07 PM

Have you replaced the batteries?

TheRockguy 03-06-2011 08:16 PM

yes, the indicator light for battery is also solid green.

Does anyone know how to take this radio apart, I pulled all the screws (including under the grip) but it still wont come apart.

CD13 03-06-2011 08:22 PM

There may be some behind the stickers on one side?

bigheadandmoose 03-06-2011 09:36 PM

I just read my manual and your not doing this near anything metal are you? table,workbench ,etc... also you sure its a sr300 and not a sr3000?I don't believe it would be compatible if it is,or so my manual says.are you powering up the receiver also?is the battery your using fully charged?just a few thoughts hope it helps

TheRockguy 03-06-2011 11:04 PM

no metal interference to speak of here, and Im using the reciever that came in the box.

what happened was that I tried to bind it to a reciever it was not compatable with (spektrum orange rx 6 channell dsm2):oops: on the second attempt it flashed for a second then nothing, I attempted to bind it back to the box stock reciever and the remote refused to go into bind mode:evil: the reciever on the other hand is in bind mode flashing away.

wantAsummit 03-07-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRockguy (Post 2970144)
Does anyone know how to take this radio apart, I pulled all the screws (including under the grip) but it still wont come apart.

Check out step 2 here:
http://wantasummit.com/DX3EHackAssembly.aspx

TheRockguy 03-07-2011 06:58 AM

thank you summit, I got it open but didnt find anything loose. any idea what could be wrong? anything you might be able to fix or help me fix, I wouldnt mind jumping the circuits to make it work.
Im getting ahold of spektrum to see if they will help before I start modding it. Just gotta find than damn reciept.

wantAsummit 03-07-2011 03:37 PM

Sorry I can't be of more help. On my DX3E the red light is always on. If I hold the bind button at power up, the red light will be solid, then blink a few times, and then go solid again. If this doesn't happen for you, then I think you have a bum transmitter.

TheRockguy 03-07-2011 05:06 PM

yueh I talked to spektrum today and they had no answers just said send it in, and I found the reciept!"thumbsup" I thank all for the help but it is something bad with the Transmitter.

Im trying to get a cheap Traxxas also so I can get Wantasummits 6 pos. mod in it! Ill use it as is for now then when big checks start coming (new job with BNSF railroad as conductor) ill do the upgrade. or i may just end up with a spektrum for sale.