Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: dx3e wont go into bind mode

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #1

Question dx3e wont go into bind mode

today I recieved a spare rx and first it wouldnt bind at all, then my tx wont even go into bind mode at all.

I switched back to other reciever and tried again, rx went into bind mode just fine, but the tx is refusing to go into bind mode? I am just getting a solid green bar and no flashing red or anything on the tx. any ideas on this?
I have pulled the batteries and put them back in and tried again (a few times) but am out of ideas already.

Last edited by TheRockguy; 03-05-2011 at 03:10 PM.
TheRockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #2

Default dx3e

Make sure your throttle EPA is set in the middle. If not it will not bind, I just got one and the EPA was maxxed out and would not bind. Set the EPA in the middle and all set.
fishonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

What model receiver are your binding to (both new and old)? Some have a bind button that needs to be pushed at power-up and some have a bind plug which needs to be installed in the bind port at power-up.
wantAsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #4

im trying to bind the dx3e and a sr300 reciever (stock in box with dx3e) what im having trouble with is the Transmitter, I hold the bind button and turn it on, it is supposed to go into bind mode (ive done it before with these very same tx rx) but nothing happens the red light will not turn on and start blinking, nothing.

Im assuming now something must have gone wrong with the TX and will contact Spektrum about the issue.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockguy View Post
im trying to bind the dx3e and a sr300 reciever (stock in box with dx3e) what im having trouble with is the Transmitter, I hold the bind button and turn it on, it is supposed to go into bind mode (ive done it before with these very same tx rx) but nothing happens the red light will not turn on and start blinking, nothing.

Im assuming now something must have gone wrong with the TX and will contact Spektrum about the issue.
Does it have a bind plug, if so, are you using it?
I'm a Futaba guy, don't know much about Spektrums.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #6

yes it has bind plug and yes im using it, the problem is not with my RX it is going into bind (flashing green light) it is the TX wont go into bind mode (signified by a flashing red light)
Old 03-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Are u holding the bind button before u power up the transmitter? If u hold it after u power the tx, I don't think it will work.
Chevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #8

I am, how hard is it to take this TX apart im thinking that the button is malfunctioned and maybe I can find a fix.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Try holding the tx and rx farther apart when binding. I read that if they are too close together, it may not bind properly. I had the same issue but that resolved it .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #10

I have tried it at a multitude of distances, but the red light on the TX refuses to begin flashing.

and I just got new alum. shocks, and 5.5 inch narrowed g3 mashers on rockstar rims!!!!!! it looks badass but cant go anywhere!!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
Holmes Hobbies

Have you replaced the batteries?
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #12

yes, the indicator light for battery is also solid green.

Does anyone know how to take this radio apart, I pulled all the screws (including under the grip) but it still wont come apart.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
Holmes Hobbies

There may be some behind the stickers on one side?
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I just read my manual and your not doing this near anything metal are you? table,workbench ,etc... also you sure its a sr300 and not a sr3000?I don't believe it would be compatible if it is,or so my manual says.are you powering up the receiver also?is the battery your using fully charged?just a few thoughts hope it helps

bigheadandmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #15

no metal interference to speak of here, and Im using the reciever that came in the box.

what happened was that I tried to bind it to a reciever it was not compatable with (spektrum orange rx 6 channell dsm2) on the second attempt it flashed for a second then nothing, I attempted to bind it back to the box stock reciever and the remote refused to go into bind mode the reciever on the other hand is in bind mode flashing away.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockguy View Post
Does anyone know how to take this radio apart, I pulled all the screws (including under the grip) but it still wont come apart.
Check out step 2 here:
http://wantasummit.com/DX3EHackAssembly.aspx
Old 03-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #17

thank you summit, I got it open but didnt find anything loose. any idea what could be wrong? anything you might be able to fix or help me fix, I wouldnt mind jumping the circuits to make it work.
Im getting ahold of spektrum to see if they will help before I start modding it. Just gotta find than damn reciept.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Sorry I can't be of more help. On my DX3E the red light is always on. If I hold the bind button at power up, the red light will be solid, then blink a few times, and then go solid again. If this doesn't happen for you, then I think you have a bum transmitter.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #19

yueh I talked to spektrum today and they had no answers just said send it in, and I found the reciept! I thank all for the help but it is something bad with the Transmitter.

Im trying to get a cheap Traxxas also so I can get Wantasummits 6 pos. mod in it! Ill use it as is for now then when big checks start coming (new job with BNSF railroad as conductor) ill do the upgrade. or i may just end up with a spektrum for sale.