Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: nothing works right....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default nothing works right....

I must be doing something wrong at everything I do, electronics wise anyways.......

First I just put a New 35t handwound in the Losi, and it hesitates right when I hit the throttle..... If I hold the throttle its fine but right when I let off and try to hit again its jumpy for a second and hesitates a little... the setup is:

losi esc
ccbec
35t brood handwound

No caps, maybe this is what I need, if so tell me which ones and where to put them please.....

second my lrp esc started smoking in my slasg so I put a new castle SV2 in and now first the wires blew off the motor, then the one of the bullet connecters started smoking and this motor is also real glitchy like its hesitating too until it gets going.....and it builds heat real quick, like 1-2mins in the wires, esc, and motor..... the only changes I made to this setup is changed the bullets from 4mm to 3.5 becuase its all I had

setup

Castle sv2
tekin 5.5 redline
3s

Please help direct me in the right direction to get these problems fixed.....I am about to pull my hair out...... or quit all together.... LMAO
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Actually sounds like your geared too high in both cases. That will cause the problems except for the wires blowing off. Not sure about that one.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinClodKiller View Post
Actually sounds like your geared too high in both cases. That will cause the problems except for the wires blowing off. Not sure about that one.
the pinion on the Losi is a 25t, but its geared down through the worms 25:1 so its really slow.........

now the slash is geared 16/86 which is pretty smallish for the setup..... I expect it to be warm but get that way near as fast as it does.... Like I just goosed around in my basement for a few minutes, no topspeed runs or even barely full throttle....... and its hott....
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
the pinion on the Losi is a 25t, but its geared down through the worms 25:1 so its really slow.
Isn't that 5 teeth more than stock? That's not a good idea.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I think you might be to big on the pinion. Must of the guys running the losi are running 13-14t on the pinion, and a smaller turn on the motor. You might want to look at Eeepee thread in the losi section , as he is one of the few who are running brushed motors with success in the losi.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan View Post
You might want to look at Eeepee thread in the losi section , as he is one of the few who are running brushed motors with success in the losi.
Yeah but that thread is 45 pages long.

Run the stock pinion size at the very least. Secondly, you're gonna have to maintain that motor as best as you can if you want to get any amount of decent lifespan from it. And know when to say when with the throttle.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Yeah but that thread is 45 pages long.

Run the stock pinion size at the very least. Secondly, you're gonna have to maintain that motor as best as you can if you want to get any amount of decent lifespan from it. And know when to say when with the throttle.
yeah the stock pinion was a 20t, but wheelspeed sucks for this thing.....I had a 28t on the stock motor...and it was never glitchy like this, which makes me think I might need a cap or two..... I dunno
Old 03-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
second my lrp esc started smoking in my slasg so I put a new castle SV2 in and now first the wires blew off the motor, then the one of the bullet connecters started smoking and this motor is also real glitchy like its hesitating too until it gets going.....and it builds heat real quick, like 1-2mins in the wires, esc, and motor..... the only changes I made to this setup is changed the bullets from 4mm to 3.5 becuase its all I had

setup

Castle sv2
tekin 5.5 redline
3s

Please help direct me in the right direction to get these problems fixed.....I am about to pull my hair out...... or quit all together.... LMAO
Hmmm, 5.5T Redline motor is 7700kv and sensored motor, the CC SV2 is sensorless and not recommended (by Castle) to run 7700kv on 3S.

So the glitching is cogging because of the lack of a sensor in the SV2 and the blowing off of the bullet connectors probably comes from trying to draw a little bit to much current through those tiny 3.5mm connectors.

With the 16/86 gearing it is geared to do 90 mph and for goofing around at low speed. You would probably want to be geared around 8/90 if you wanted to continue using the 5.5T motor with the SV2 or try using a 2S lipo.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRoo View Post
Hmmm, 5.5T Redline motor is 7700kv and sensored motor, the CC SV2 is sensorless and not recommended (by Castle) to run 7700kv on 3S.

So the glitching is cogging because of the lack of a sensor in the SV2 and the blowing off of the bullet connectors probably comes from trying to draw a little bit to much current through those tiny 3.5mm connectors.

With the 16/86 gearing it is geared to do 90 mph and for goofing around at low speed. You would probably want to be geared around 8/90 if you wanted to continue using the 5.5T motor with the SV2 or try using a 2S lipo.
greg @ CC told me the tekin 5.5 would be fine on 3s and it sounded like a fun combo....so you think just change the connectors would make a major difference???? I don't mind the cogging if it wont hurt anything....?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

any more insight on any of these? I would really appreciate it
Old 03-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

still unsure on the losi.... there is a pause when I hit full throttle and it cogs while in a bind......

and more on the slash, the esc gets real hot, real fast... It blows the soldered wires off the motor and it even overheated tonight and shut off.....and it also cogs real bad