Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba Micro HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mamba Micro HELP

hey .... ive been running dual mamba micro pros since october in my xr-10 with HH 45T's and a CC BEC ..... red wires pulled out and the switches are soldered together in the board

so here's my problem ...

got me my vanquish cases and plates installed ..... spaced up the pinions ... and did my looooooong throttle tests while holding the rig up just to see if the motors and cases would heat up (just to check if the pinion spacing was too tight) .....

while doing this .... my front axle just kept on turning even after i let go of the throttle .... pulled the battery out to stop it .....

plugged it back in and i only have one esc arming and beeping ..... the front esc which kept throttling away wont engage .... it just keeps on blinking red ...

ive tried removing the wire which goes to the rx and tried plugging it back in again (this usually works for all castle esc's) .... but it still doesnt want to engage .....

i need your help ..... anybody have issues like this before???
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

The neutral point for your front ESC is wrong. You need to adjust it on the radio a bit until the light on the ESC turns off.

Sounds like you may have the throttle channel reversed too. You want green light with forward throttle and red light with reverse.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
The neutral point for your front ESC is wrong. You need to adjust it on the radio a bit until the light on the ESC turns off.
im running a 3PK .... like i mentioned before .... ive been running this set-up from last year .... i was running the rig with tires off the ground just to see if my motors would heat up with my pinion placement .... when i let go of the throttle ... rear axle stopped ... front axle kept on going ..... i didnt adjust anything in the radio

Quote:
Sounds like you may have the throttle channel reversed too. You want green light with forward throttle and red light with reverse.
the throttle channel is in reverse but the green light blinks when i forward throttle and the red licht blinks when i reverse ..... i set the esc in motor reverse in the castlelink ....

i tried adjusting the neutral but its just not engaging .... it doesnt do that beep beep thing like the rear esc when i plug int the batteries
Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Make sure it is plugged into the RX properly then. Fast red flashes indicate no radio signal.

Other than that, try rolling back firmware and reinstalling. If that doesn't work you may have a bad one.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

when i unplug the rear esc from the rx .... the red light goes blink blink with the front esc ..... i plug in the rear back in the rx and it engages and does that beep beep thing .....

so i tried the same with the front esc ..... nothing .... red light just keeps on blinking ..... im thinking its not reading or receiving signal from the Rx?

HELP please ....
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Make sure it is plugged into the RX properly then. Fast red flashes indicate no radio signal.

Other than that, try rolling back firmware and reinstalling. If that doesn't work you may have a bad one.

yes its a fast red blinker .... i tried switching Rx's .... same thing ... i'll try to rollback the firmware ....

question is i got this thing soldered up all together with the BEC running with the battery wires all soldered together .... do i have to unsloder them just so that i can use castle link?

worst part is i removed the on/off switch .... the castle link doesnt recognize the devices cos they all power up simultaneously

Last edited by strawb; 03-09-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Try re-calibrating. I had issues with the rear ESC not wanting to drag brake, and it was because the epa's were too high.
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
Try re-calibrating. I had issues with the rear ESC not wanting to drag brake, and it was because the epa's were too high.

tried that earlier ..... the rear esc would re-calibrate .... the front one just ignores everything and keeps on blinking red
Old 03-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
yes its a fast red blinker .... i tried switching Rx's .... same thing ... i'll try to rollback the firmware ....

question is i got this thing soldered up all together with the BEC running with the battery wires all soldered together .... do i have to unsloder them just so that i can use castle link?

worst part is i removed the on/off switch .... the castle link doesnt recognize the devices cos they all power up simultaneously
Can't you use the link individually? I'm going to be running the same setup, and I was going to remove the on/off switches as well, but if there is an issue in doing that, maybe I won't.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

im still trying to figure out how i can use castlelink without unsoldering them .....
Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
im still trying to figure out how i can use castlelink without unsoldering them .....
Huh? Why would that be a problem?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #12
Holmes Hobbies

Quote:

To be able to recalibrate your gonna have to separate them and i would do it alone with the red wire hooked up.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Huh? Why would that be a problem?

its not .... you can use castlelink even with all of them soldered together!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
To be able to recalibrate your gonna have to separate them and i would do it alone with the red wire hooked up.

i re-calibrated them at the same time .....

thanks for all the tips gentlemen .... mamba micros are alive and kicking!

rolled back on the firmware and went back up again to V1.29 and everything is back to normal ....
Old 03-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
its not .... you can use castlelink even with all of them soldered together!!!!
Haha....yeah, I was about to say that....I was just messing with my super that has two ESCs and one BEC Pro all soldered to the same deans.

Glad you got it figured out...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
Holmes Hobbies

Good deal,I'll have to try that some time,Didn't work for me when I did the first setup.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote