Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Feeler: Heavy Duty Electronic Dig Switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default Feeler: Heavy Duty Electronic Dig Switch

Well for awhile (about when punkrc stopped caring about customers) i've been slowly designing a electronic dig. Which i kinda stopped working on it once heyok came out with one, would be too much competition. However some new light has been shed while i was spending my free time browsing through digikey and mouser catalogs

So basically what i can do, this is still theory, is offer up a heavy duty dig switch. Will have about twice the amp rating as the other dig switches. Currently punkrc uses a 12 amp relay, and i think heyok uses a 16 amp. Well i found 30 amp relay to use.

So in theory here is the specs

-Dimensions (LxWxH)- 1" x 1" x 5/8" (before motor connectors)
-Input voltage-4.5v-5.5v
-Max Current-30 Amps
-Weather resistant construction
-Requires a 3 position or linear channel, or (2) 2 position channels (custom request)
-Probably use bullet connections.
-About all unless you want the unneeded tech data.

Let me know if your interested, and any thoughts, concerns, ideas, or whatever related to a heavy duty dig switch.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default dig switch

WOuld this make the wheels lock up tighter? and is it going to lessen the battery life since its pretty much twice the amps as the other dig switches? Im interested to see how it would preform.
crashmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Got Worms?

no, it won't lock up better, and no it doesn't pull 30 amps, that means its capable of having 30 amps running through relay. Which will not allow amp hungry motors to eat up relays. .

Basically it will preform exactly like the others, however it will handle more abuse.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I know you have already posted up in the dual esc adapter, and that would be the way I am wanting to go. I hope you or someone will pick this product up and keeps it going. I want one but was late getting in on it from wantsasummit
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
I know you have already posted up in the dual esc adapter, and that would be the way I am wanting to go. I hope you or someone will pick this product up and keeps it going. I want one but was late getting in on it from wantsasummit
Yea i'm considering taking over wantasummits dual esc adapter, but we'll see.

I've also got other idea's too.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Good deal, any info your willing to share on the other ideas
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
Good deal, any info your willing to share on the other ideas
Well, i could, but it won't be something done anytime soon. A year at minimum for proto. But i have idea's for something with a stronger brake than just drag...something similar to holmes hold, also for a underdrive unit, so a linear channel can slow down one motor or the other instead of fully locking it up. But as of now both of these are out of my electrical design knowledge, i understand what needs to happen, but to program it and understand the hardware that needs to be used is out of my knowledge. I just like to tinker alittle. I also have plans for a a 8 ch radio that will even be more advance than 90% of all the stick radios