Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Electrical Goblins!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Electrical Goblins!!!!!

Good morning gents-

I have a RS10XT (hold the redcat jokes pls) and I've enjoyed the heck out of it. But, I'm having some real problems right now with my electrical system. With the rig turned off, as soon as I hook the battery up, the esc turns on and the fan starts spinning. When I switch the rig on, the esc goes off and the wheels start spinning full speed forward. I just got a new TX/RX (DX3E) that I am using with my RS10 and my Losi Micro, the TX works great with my Losi, so I don't feel there is a problem with that. I had a Turbo BEC from rc4wd, but unhooked when my original TX stated acting up and haven't hooked it back up yet. Both servo's are MG946R's, forget where I bought those. I did get the TX/RX to bind and with the power switch off, I could drive the truck, front and rear steer worked, buttttt the rig was turned off and when I switched it on, it was full throttle with no control over anything.

Hoping you guys can help with something more than *sell it* *blow it up* *buy a XXXXXX*

Thanks-
T Bone 347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like your ESC might be toast. Do you have another one you can try? Basically your ESC is providing all of you power so off should be off. If you are running a BEC it is normal for your steering to work if you are running the BEC through your receiver. If you were running the BEC through the receiver did you remember to pull the red wire from the ESC plug that goes to the receiver?

The other thing you should do when switching radio gear is recalibrate the ESC, there should be a provision for it on your ESC look in the manual it should tell you how to do it.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking, I've been to two LHS and neither one have an ESC that will work for MOA. They both would have to order one and I'm currently out of town. I did pull the red wire, no issues replacing the ESC, figured it was a matter of time anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to help out.
T Bone 347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

the esc doesnt need to be for a moa. it just need to be rated for the voltage you are putting to it and handle to load of 2 motors which when using 2 35t+ its easy to find one that will work.
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote