Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual esc problem MMP's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Dual esc problem MMP's

Ok so i wired them up together to the same deans connector for the battery, I had one programmed and calibrated before I did this, then I proceeded to program and calibrate the second esc after they were all connected, everything went fine up until I went to run the rig, forward but no reverse. I figured the MMP's had reprogrammed themselves, so I hooked one up to the castle link sure enough it was on forward w/o reverse, hooked up the second MMP and this is where things got weird, as soon as I connected it castle software said all the settings were corrupt, I reset it back to factory then programmed it again, all went well. Now I'm trying to calibrate it to my 4pl and the weird thing is that it arms itself and see's neutral(solid yellow light) but won't calibrate, hooked it back up to castle link and checked, there's no calibration numbers stored their all 0's, disconnected the MMP from everything else just to make sure theres no cross talk and still nothing, it can be programmed but not calibrated, and arms itself but does nothing, any ideas/thoughts.
bizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Talked with castle and they said that is very weird and they want it sent in immediately so we'll see what they say.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You need to program and calibrate them individually before you wire them up to the same plug. Calibrate the front then the rear and then wire them together. Disconnect the BEC too just to make sure.

If you had one programmed and then wired them together and then tried to program the 2nd one, it would change all the settings for the 1st one.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Holmes Hobbies

Yep,Thats the same problem I had. Need to be set up,castle link,individually, then you can calibrate them to the radio. I also did that one at a time with the throttle channel. Then removed the red wires and plugged everything in its place.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnLatex View Post
You need to program and calibrate them individually before you wire them up to the same plug. Calibrate the front then the rear and then wire them together. Disconnect the BEC too just to make sure.

If you had one programmed and then wired them together and then tried to program the 2nd one, it would change all the settings for the 1st one.
You can have them both connected to a dean when calibrating...You just need
to plug your front ESC into Channel 2... Program it, then unplug it. Plug your
rear ESC into channel 3...Program it. Plug the front back in and you should be
ready to go...I also found when removing the red wire for some reason that they
would uncalibrated themselves for some reason...Cant explain that..But when they are
all plugged in everything always works.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld View Post
You can have them both connected to a dean when calibrating...You just need
to plug your front ESC into Channel 2... Program it, then unplug it. Plug your
rear ESC into channel 3...Program it. Plug the front back in and you should be
ready to go...I also found when removing the red wire for some reason that they
would uncalibrated themselves for some reason...Cant explain that..But when they are
all plugged in everything always works.
Yep. As long as they both arent connected to the Rx, then you can calibrate them individually....it doesnt matter if the ESC has power as long as it isnt connected to the Rx.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Problem is that the one esc is stuck in armed neutral and won't calibrate now or do anything, it thinks it's calibrated already but it's not. Castle said that should never happen and want me to send it in.