Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: super crawler with 4 servo's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default super crawler with 4 servo's

so here is the deal i have searched all over and i can"t find anything on it

so here we go i got 2 servo's in the front and two in the rear i think i will have a problem with the way they are mounted so that they will be working against each other so whats the best way to fix it? with out turning the servo around

here is the thread of the build moto261 superjuice

thanks again in advanced

moto261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
RCC Addict

If your servos are all programmable you can get the hitec hpp-21 programmer and set the center points to the lengths of your tie rods. If you dont want to or cant go that route I would recommend turnbuckles as your tie rods so you can adjust the lengths of them to set your toe in/out and lastly you could use a 3rd tie rod to tie the two together once all your settings are set. Hope this is what you were asking.

programmer info here:

http://www.servocity.com/html/hpp-21...rogrammer.html
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
If your servos are all programmable you can get the hitec hpp-21 programmer and set the center points to the lengths of your tie rods. If you dont want to or cant go that route I would recommend turnbuckles as your tie rods so you can adjust the lengths of them to set your toe in/out and lastly you could use a 3rd tie rod to tie the two together once all your settings are set. Hope this is what you were asking.

programmer info here:

http://www.servocity.com/html/hpp-21...rogrammer.html
Exactly.

It seems like your problem is actually the rotation direction and that is programmable with the programmer. Turnbuckles are probably a good idea just to make small adjustments easily without having to reprogram every time.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
RCC Addict

There should be no issues. the servos turn clockwise, or counter, both at the same time. it does not matter shat direction they are pointed.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
There should be no issues. the servos turn clockwise, or counter, both at the same time. it does not matter shat direction they are pointed.
Your right, I thought that was the problem based of his "fighting one another" comment.

I would ditch the tie rod and just run one servo for each wheel. Its going to be a pain to get all that perfectly centered so they dont "fight each other". Its probably not worth it because if they are off at all you will just burn up the servos, plus it will get the extra linkage out of the way in front of the axle.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:50 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Your right, I thought that was the problem based of his "fighting one another" comment.

I would ditch the tie rod and just run one servo for each wheel. Its going to be a pain to get all that perfectly centered so they dont "fight each other". Its probably not worth it because if they are off at all you will just burn up the servos, plus it will get the extra linkage out of the way in front of the axle.

You need a tie rod, otherwise if you had one wheel bound up, you would only have half the available power to move it. Its just not that hard to adjust everything to work together, it just takes a little time.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote