Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: BEC help!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #1

Default BEC help!!!

My wife bought a redcat rs10xt, Im a nirto guy so help me help her. I currently have her running a futaba s3305 for steering, a saxox high torque is on the way, but my problem is getting 6 volts to the servo. I bought a reedy lipo voltage regulator. It lets you run 7.4 volt lipo down to 6 volts to the reciever. She is using venom 7.2 3000 mah stick packs right now. So I figured I could make a simple harness to go from 7.2 nimh, into reedy regulator, into servo, and plug the com wire into the reciever with a seperate plug. Well the servo goes crazy, twitching, and when on the throttle it goes where it wants to. Next I tried just using the leads off of the reedy voltage regulator, plug from esc for power, into voltage regulator, into reciever, com wire for throttle pluged into reedy reciever plug to make motors turn. everything works fine with it this way, but am I getting 6 volts to the servo for max torque with it running through the reciever?? Please help!
chewy18252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
RCC Addict

try running an extra ground wire from the servo to the receiver. I did that by stripping down a y harness and soldering a wire in taken from an old servo.

this grounds the servo and might help
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote