Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: servo help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #1

Default servo help please

on my axial ax10 i have a hitec hs645mg ultra torque i think it is. anyways i was putting the horn back on an was thye wroingbolt. so i went to back it out and it snappe3d. popped the horn off luckily got vise grips on the threads of the screw that broke inside it but noticed and heared the wheel thinkig on the servo turn, so when i get everything baCK TOGETHER RIGHT screw etc it barely turns and mainbly turn more to the left than right. actuallyu turning to the right doesnt really turn at all. did i move the settings in there. or mess up anything internal. all gears r metal and didnt hear any teeth etc break...but when i take the horn back off manually move thge wheel and put the horn backon it will want to turn just to 1 side a huge amount, please someone tll me its a easy fix and dont neecd a rebuild kit or new servo... thanks
gixrsixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

First off. Grammar and Spelling please. It would make your post a lot easier to read and understand.

Secondly, that servo is an easy one to take apart(I have one). Inspect all the gears etc. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to send it to Hitec for them to fix, most likely the motor is smoked. I fried my 7995TG and sent it to Hitec. They were able to pop a new motor in and get it back to me in about a week and a half.

Double check your settings on your radio. Double check connections from receiver to servo etc. Take all the guesswork out of it. If it still won't move, send it to Hitec or get another servo. The 645MG are pretty common/cheap so finding a replacement won't be bad, however you can and should step up to something bigger.

Edit: after rereading your post/deciphering it, it sounds like the exact same problem I had on my 7995. The servo would only move one way and would not reverse direction. Hitec diagnosed it as a bad motor. They replaced everything that needed to be and shipped it back to me for around $50.
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #3

Default servo

and how could it fry the motor me trying to get a broken bolt off. and just turned the knob thing on the end of the servo on accident with the pliers. i mean it turns not alot though. i can manualy remove horn now move the gear place horn on and it will make my steering move at even a diffrent degree of radius. maybe out of alighnment is what i was thinking.no power wazs on when this happen no nothing was touched on this POS futuba magnum 2pl remote i have, dont understand how to even adjust this thing really its alll digital screen..
Old 03-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but you might have rotated the servo horn gear farther than what the limits are. Have you taken it apart yet? You might have stripped some gears. Don't know till you actually look at it. You have it sitting in front of you...About your "POS" radio, here's a manual for adjusting your endpoints....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=futaba+magnum+2pl+manual
Old 03-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

13??????????????????????????????????????????
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are we counting here?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are we counting here?

Maybe in regards to OP's age....I was wondering about it.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #8

Default thanks

thank you. im looking for a ghz radio on craigslist or somewhere ill find 1 used cheap somewhere also a lipo charger. ill take apart thge servo now, do u know anything about that remote good bad? thanks again............................................. .................................................. ........................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJJPWrangler View Post
Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but you might have rotated the servo horn gear farther than what the limits are. Have you taken it apart yet? You might have stripped some gears. Don't know till you actually look at it. You have it sitting in front of you...About your "POS" radio, here's a manual for adjusting your endpoints....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=futaba+magnum+2pl+manual
Old 03-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

When you take the servo apart, take note of how all the gears fit in place. It's not very complicated. If all the gears look fine, the next step is the motor(silver can). If it turns great in one direction and barely turns in the other direction, it is fried. This is exactly what happened to my Hitec 7995. A new motor was around $35 and another $15 for Hitec to install and ship it back to me.

As far as the radio goes, no I don't know anything about it. From a quick glance, its a 2ch. radio which is not very desirable. If you want to use Dig(comp) or winch etc(scaler), you will need to step up to a 3ch. I picked up a 3ch JR radio/receiver on here for $60. It's not the best, but it works and I'll hopefully be upgrading it soon.

When I first got into RC(year and half ago) I spent alot of time on here reading, searching, and lurking. I followed a lot of builds in the AX10 section as well as other sections. Learned a lot from just reading and searching.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #10

Default servoe looks okay???

i took it apart today all gears look perfectly normal no chips etc motor looks fibe. after i turned it by hand on accident it made it so it doesnt turn right or left as much is what the whole problem is. what could this be? when i opened it up the main gear had a little slash line on it and that was perfectly lined up like it should look like, took a pic in cell phone but no way of posting pic. any ideas guys?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

It's the motor itself. It's done. Send it to Hitec and get it repaired or just get another one.