Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default problems

a week or so ago I had my motor smoke in my scale truck.it still runs,but now I cant ease into the throttle and get it to work.only works at full throttle.do I need to just replace it?and it wants to glitch now also.

thanks.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Try rebuilding it first. That is if its a rebuildable type. cut the comm, replace the brushes and oil the bearings.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

ok thanks.it is an axial 27T and i have a cpl 55 turns laying around i thought about using anyway to slow it down some.running hpi gear reduction and killer tranny case behind it.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsonoma View Post
ok thanks.it is an axial 27T and i have a cpl 55 turns laying around i thought about using anyway to slow it down some.running hpi gear reduction and killer tranny case behind it.

If its a Axial can motor chances are there is nothing you can do with it, other than pitch it in the trash. If you like the speed just replace it with a Traxxas 12t can motor, they are cheap and gave an inturnal fan and probably about the same-ish speed. These motors are pretty tough too.

An exturnal BEC may help with the glitching also, if you are not already running one.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
If its a Axial can motor chances are there is nothing you can do with it, other than pitch it in the trash. If you like the speed just replace it with a Traxxas 12t can motor, they are cheap and gave an inturnal fan and probably about the same-ish speed. These motors are pretty tough too.

An exturnal BEC may help with the glitching also, if you are not already running one.
thx man.yeah i kinda like the wheel spin,as long as i can feather the throttle.but i do have a new NOVAK 55T and a new axial 55T also that i might just put in my homemade engine block.maybe it will still have some wheel speed with the 1:1 in tranny case and 1.74:1 in gear reduction.and am not running a BEC.