Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Full throttle!!! Help!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #1

Default Full throttle!!! Help!!!!

Hi all,

Just recently got a scx 10 Dingo rtr, and it worked amazing till I took it for a drive in the snow. I drove it in the snow many times before and then the most recent one the truck stopped working. I noticed that the black wire going to the motor is broken, so I held it in and plugged the battery back in, and as soon as the battery makes connection it goes full throttle and I cannot stop it!! Would replacing the motor or that wire fix the problem or does it sound like more of a electronic box problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Scx10 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Did you have your transmitter off when you plugged the wire back in?
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
Did you have your transmitter off when you plugged the wire back in?
Yes, I checked that!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I would permanently fix your wire first of all. Did it come unplugged or will it need soldering? Also since you were running in the snow are your electronics waterproof? If not you could have some water damage to your esc.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #5

Quote:
I would permanently fix your wire first of all. Did it come unplugged or will it need soldering? Also since you were running in the snow are your electronics waterproof? If not you could have some water damage to your esc.
The wire actually tore and when the battery is plugged in goes full throttle forward and no reverse! What part of the electronics would you replace, or could the motor be fried?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well if the wire is torn I would solder it back together correctly. Since your motor goes full throttle it doesn't sound like it's the culprit I would tend to think your ESC is the problem. Which wire is broken, the one from the battery to the ESC, the one from the ESC to the battery? As a start you should perminatley fix the broken wire (ie. solder and heat shrink) and go from there. Were your electronics waterproofed? Because water and electronics tend to do poorly together.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Well if the wire is torn I would solder it back together correctly. Since your motor goes full throttle it doesn't sound like it's the culprit I would tend to think your ESC is the problem. Which wire is broken, the one from the battery to the ESC, the one from the ESC to the battery? As a start you should perminatley fix the broken wire (ie. solder and heat shrink) and go from there. Were your electronics waterproofed? Because water and electronics tend to do poorly together.
I'm a real newbie, what is the esc, is it the part where the attune comes out of or the piece that has kinda a heat sink on it ? I notice it gets warm when running.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

yes the esc has the heatsinks on it i would replace it as it sounds like u may have gotten it wet. was the truck brand new or used also what esc do u have
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevilman2009 View Post
yes the esc has the heatsinks on it i would replace it as it sounds like u may have gotten it wet. was the truck brand new or used also what esc do u have
Ummm..."ESC" = Electronic Speed Control
This connects to the receiver (AKA RX), the battery pack & bthe motor/motors.

You will have, on a typical rig, a RX, a steering servo & a ESC. You may also have dual ESC's (for a MOA rig) and/or a dig unit.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevilman2009 View Post
That sounds like that might be the problem , what does a stock esc or an aftermarket one you would suggest cos? The truck is completely stock with everything else.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

try adjusting the throttle trim on the radio. Also which ESC? AE-1 or AE-2?
If you like to run in the snow I'd suggest a Traxxas XL-5 ESC, it is waterproof. Don't spend any $ until you are certain the ESC is bad, you could bench test everthing by taking it out of the truck, or just put the truck on a stand while you adjust the trim on the radio etc...
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote