Notices

Thread: Neu/Castle Creations BL Servos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Neu/Castle Creations BL Servos

http://hitecrcd.com/blog/?cat=3

Quote:
Looks like a typo on the 9380 as is should be .13 sec. The specs are essentially the same as the 7940/45/50 but sip power and do not slow down as they are heavily loaded. Playing with the sample I got last week, I would hang 10lbs of weight on the highest speed version and it drew only .23A... the similar 7940 was 2.5A. Even when stalling the servos (can handle this indefinitely BTW!) it was only 1A. The servos are also dead silent and the programmability goes way beyond what we have now. You can modify torque zones so that on a throttle for example, you can set the end's so they draw almost no current when reaching a hard stop. Of course there are basic and advanced programmable options and if you get too far out of whack you can just reset to default or a previous configuration from a saved file. Also, each servo can be named and the history of it's usage is logged. So if someone sends a servo in and says it's new, we'll know if it really is!

FYI: These are nothing like the current competitors brushless servos, the motor and circuit have been several years in the making. The performance of the servo does not change above 7.5v so it will stay the same through the discharge of the battery. It also has a regenerative circuit which actually charges the battery when decelerating much like the high end ESC's for R/C cars therefor you'll be able to use much smaller batteries and still have plenty of run time. This is a huge advancement in servo technology as never before have we had so much power with so little current draw; it's like your corvette now gets 50MPG!!!

$179.99/July

Mike.
Looks like the new futaba might have some competition.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Got Worms?

hmm i wonder if thats 180 for the HSB-9380TH

its got me interested
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
Defy Gravity

this intrigues me....may wait on a servo for a bit longer if they review out decently. just a shot in the dark, but wondering if castle link compatibility would be in the deal on these as well.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
this intrigues me....may wait on a servo for a bit longer if they review out decently. just a shot in the dark, but wondering if castle link compatibility would be in the deal on these as well.
gotta be, i doubt the hitec programmer can program everything they say these can do.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
Defy Gravity

unless they come out with a programmer themselves that could, there's obviously a lot of time and money already invested in this. could see developing a new programmer while designing the servo, just so that the end user can have full reign of the settings. still hoping for the castle link support though.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
gotta be, i doubt the hitec programmer can program everything they say these can do.
The Hitec HPP-21 and 21 Plus can program everything via the PC but the HFP-25 LCD Programmer will do it all in the field as well as the PC.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Niiiiice! I know what kind of features they have coming, and it is spot on for what servos need!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

http://www.heliplane.net/2011/02/toy...2%80%93-hitec/
"The servo’s feature Titanium gears and with metal-plastic-duralinium 1st gears"
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote