Thread: Hitec Servo with Castle/Neu internals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Hitec Servo with Castle/Neu internals

Just saw this back on RC-Monster:

Quote:
February 4th, 2011
Straight from the Nuremburg Toy Fair where we just introduced our latest cutting edge servo technology. These revolutionary new servos feature a Neu\Castle brushless motor and an ultra-efficient high resolution digital circuit. What does that mean you say? It means these servos consume 1/5th the power of our competitors while delivering a constant amount of torque and speed.

Consider this, the torque rating of most servos are stated at the destruction point. If you were to apply this type of load for more than just a few seconds most servos will up and quit. Now with our new brushless servos you can max out the torque time and time again all the while pulling less than 1.5 amp of current.
There’s a new torque rating in town folks and it’s called usable torque.

Available in three models

HSB-9360TH
Specs @ 7.4v Speed: 0.7 seconds@60° 229 oz.-in.

HSB-9370TH
Specs @ 7.4v Speed: 0.10 seconds@60° 319 oz.-in.

HSB-9380TH
Specs @ 7.4v Speed: 0.10 seconds@60° 486 oz.-in.
If this works as they say, then you could go back to using internal BEC's on most controllers.

Here is a quote from Hitec:

Quote:
Looks like a typo on the 9380 as is should be .13 sec. The specs are essentially the same as the 7940/45/50 but sip power and do not slow down as they are heavily loaded. Playing with the sample I got last week, I would hang 10lbs of weight on the highest speed version and it drew only .23A... the similar 7940 was 2.5A. Even when stalling the servos (can handle this indefinitely BTW!) it was only 1A. The servos are also dead silent and the programmability goes way beyond what we have now. You can modify torque zones so that on a throttle for example, you can set the end's so they draw almost no current when reaching a hard stop. Of course there are basic and advanced programmable options and if you get too far out of whack you can just reset to default or a previous configuration from a saved file. Also, each servo can be named and the history of it's usage is logged. So if someone sends a servo in and says it's new, we'll know if it really is!

FYI: These are nothing like the current competitors brushless servos, the motor and circuit have been several years in the making. The performance of the servo does not change above 7.5v so it will stay the same through the discharge of the battery. It also has a regenerative circuit which actually charges the battery when decelerating much like the high end ESC's for R/C cars therefor you'll be able to use much smaller batteries and still have plenty of run time. This is a huge advancement in servo technology as never before have we had so much power with so little current draw; it's like your corvette now gets 50MPG!!!

$179.99/July

Mike.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Wow, the HSB-9380TH seems like the perfect servo for a comp rig. I wonder if the stated price is that one or the cheaper ones.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

12 hours late...... Neu/Castle Creations BL Servos
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I searched hitec and came up with nothing. Oh well. I figured most would post this as Hitec since that is the manufacturer.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
I searched hitec and came up with nothing. Oh well. I figured most would post this as Hitec since that is the manufacturer.
No problem......just poking a bit.......it's all good.....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote