Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: goat 3s 21 turn cogging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default goat 3s 21 turn cogging

So i don't wanna thread jack and my eyes bleed from the search.

I have a used LCC with the Goat 3s and a 21t motor. I've done a bunch of rewiring and calibrations with the radio. It runs decent once its moving but the initial throttle input is kinda cogging more than I would like.

I pulled the tranny out and found a 28 tooth pinion on there. Seems like a lot of teeth to me. I would happily drop down to a smaller pinion but how small should I go? 16-18 range?

Also how about changing the rotor out? I hear this thing has a 14 rotor from factory and that can be causing some of the initial cog. Anyone put the smaller 12mm rotor in there 21 turn? What will that do?

The sensor cable is mint, and the rig has more wheelspeed than I need. I just wanna get rid of the start up cogging.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Sounds like you just need to drop a bucket load of teeth off the pinion. I would go to a 16 to start and them up form there if you want.

Check that the connections for the sensor are clean as well (i know you said the cable is fine, but check the connectors).

Also the larger rotor (14mm) will make it cog a little bit more at start up because of the higher mag field...you can try changing to a smaller one if you want. But you will lose torque and also a little bit of drag brake.

Start with changing the pinion and then go form there.
WIDELOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

In the LCC you shouldn't have the drag brake even on, make sure it's set to the worm drive profile.

I agree though, you need to drop to around a 16t pinion for starters and try that out.
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote