RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Fxr help!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/310766-fxr-help.html)

rocksteadily 04-10-2011 02:05 PM

Fxr help!!

My fxr is not working! It was working fine last night then I went to go play today and nothing!! It's a new fxr no more than a few hours of use. I have a external bec on it also. This is really frustrating me cause I did nothing with it since last night and it was working perfectly!

SMR 510RR 04-10-2011 05:02 PM

Can you be more specific on what is going wrong? Does it initialize properly? Have you recalibrated it to your esc? Does it do anything?

rocksteadily 04-10-2011 08:04 PM

There's nothing! When I plug in the battery and turn it on, nothing comes on at all

nukegm426 04-10-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksteadily (Post 3036872)
There's nothing! When I plug in the battery and turn it on, nothing comes on at all

check your battery voltage...if the battery is to low the LVC will kick in and it won't turn on the esc...had this happen to me lol.

Harley 04-10-2011 10:06 PM

Sounds like you have no battery connection. Check all the wires.

rocksteadily 04-10-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukegm426 (Post 3037073)
check your battery voltage...if the battery is to low the LVC will kick in and it won't turn on the esc...had this happen to me lol.

yes I did that, it was a freshly charged battery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3037077)
Sounds like you have no battery connection. Check all the wires.

I am gonna try and re solder all the connections.
Could it have something to do with the bec?

Harley 04-10-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksteadily (Post 3037101)
Could it have something to do with the bec?

Not really.

Harley 04-10-2011 10:26 PM

Check the on/off switch first.

rocksteadily 04-10-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3037104)
Check the on/off switch first.

how you mean? Maybe a wire got pulled or something?

Harley 04-10-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksteadily (Post 3037140)
how you mean? Maybe a wire got pulled or something?

If you cut the switch off then check the connection of the two wires. If you still have it attached......make sure it's switched to On. :ror:

rocksteadily 04-10-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3037143)
If you cut the switch off then check the connection of the two wires. If you still have it attached......make sure it's switched to On. :ror:

Lol yeah it was on. None of the leds even light up when I turn it on

Ty@Tekin 04-11-2011 09:04 AM

Clip the switch off and twist the two wires together, try another battery pack and see if it connects to a HotWire. If all else fails, PM me and we'll get it in for service and have it replaced for you. "thumbsup"

rocksteadily 04-11-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin (Post 3037537)
Clip the switch off and twist the two wires together, try another battery pack and see if it connects to a HotWire. If all else fails, PM me and we'll get it in for service and have it replaced for you. "thumbsup"

I'll try that, I have tobresolder on thebresistor cause I put liquid tape around all the connection and when I was removing it all the resistor broke off. I'll try all that tonight when i get home from work. Also, I do not have the hot wire for it

Rockcrawler 04-11-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Clip the switch off and twist the two wires together

X2

You have a multimeter? If so, check to see if you have voltage on the post's with a battery plugged in and everything on.

BigSki 04-11-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksteadily (Post 3037679)
I'll try that, I have tobresolder on thebresistor cause I put liquid tape around all the connection and when I was removing it all the resistor broke off. I'll try all that tonight when i get home from work. Also, I do not have the hot wire for it

it's a capacitor, not a resister. Make sure it is soldered on in the correct way.

rocksteadily 04-11-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 3037937)
it's a capacitor, not a resister. Make sure it is soldered on in the correct way.

Yeah it was soldered on the right way, just the liquid tape was on it and it was a pain in the butt to get off and eneded up breaking off at the solder joint

dirk379 04-11-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

I've got an fxr that has the same problem. Doesn't power up with a bec installed correctly or with out, even tried a new bec. The only way i can get it to power on is with the red wire from the fxr plugged into the rx, and the bec soldered up. It works just fine with the hotwire as well, but my bec doesn't seem to power my servo as it would with the red wire out, but it's the only way i can get the fxr to work. I actually had it apart for the umpteenth time yesterday to see if i could find anything anything wrong with it, resoldered everything with a new bec and nothing, unless the red wire is plugged in...

rocksteadily 04-11-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk379 (Post 3038130)
I've got an fxr that has the same problem. Doesn't power up with a bec installed correctly or with out, even tried a new bec. The only way i can get it to power on is with the red wire from the fxr plugged into the rx, and the bec soldered up. It works just fine with the hotwire as well, but my bec doesn't seem to power my servo as it would with the red wire out, but it's the only way i can get the fxr to work. I actually had it apart for the umpteenth time yesterday to see if i could find anything anything wrong with it, resoldered everything with a new bec and nothing, unless the red wire is plugged in...

i had it working thoughgt, with the bec and the red wire cut. it was working fine, then me and my brother went to go play and i go to plug in the battery and it aint workin

rocksteadily 04-11-2011 11:59 PM

Well tonight I got a chance too take a good look over it. I soldered the switch wires together and resoldered the capacitor back on. Hooked up the battery and a big fat nothing!!

Rockcrawler 04-12-2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksteadily (Post 3038917)
Well tonight I got a chance too take a good look over it. I soldered the switch wires together and resoldered the capacitor back on. Hooked up the battery and a big fat nothing!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockcrawler (Post 3037780)
You have a multimeter? If so, check to see if you have voltage on the post's with a battery plugged in and everything on.

Try this to see if you are getting voltage to the ESC.