Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CastleLink compatible with Novalink software for M2?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default CastleLink compatible with Novalink software for M2?

Just picked up a Novak M2 ESC (after reading posts, don't go off on a tangent about how other ESC's are better). I noticed you can download the novalink software off Novak's website. Does anyone know if the Castle Creations CastleLink will be compatible with the software and if it will be compatible with the M2? The cables looks very similar.
sierradmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Short answer, not a chance. Good luck with the M2, if you can ever get it working correctly that is.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

No there wont be compatible, far from it in fact
They are competing companies that use completely different firmware & internals on the ESC.
WIDELOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The same cable may work either way.......
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Why does everyone hate the M2? I have one with a 4pks and it works great. what's the point in spending all the money for two escs???

Propo mode works great drag brake holds on a near vertical rock the only thing that I needed to do adjust the epa on the throttle and its butter.
ducatidesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidesmo View Post
Why does everyone hate the M2? I have one with a 4pks and it works great. what's the point in spending all the money for two escs???

Propo mode works great drag brake holds on a near vertical rock the only thing that I needed to do adjust the epa on the throttle and its butter.
whats the point of a 4pks if you dont plan on using dual esc's??????
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I didnt' buy the radio for the kit. I bought it for the 80 pt throttle curve adjustment for racing my Mi4 (of course I don't get that ridiculous)
Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidesmo View Post

If you're happy with it great. However a dual ESC setup will provide you much more control over your MOA rig and the M2 for the price leaves a lot to be desired. Not too mention that multiples of people have had major issues with it even working correctly.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
If you're happy with it great. However a dual ESC setup will provide you much more control over your MOA rig and the M2 for the price leaves a lot to be desired. Not too mention that multiples of people have had major issues with it even working correctly.
Can you elaborate on more control? now I do agree, that if your radio is powerful enough, the sky's the firggin limit.. but I dont' understand your comment "for the price". It costs 130 bux vs at it's very cheapest 2 fxrs at 180.

The only thing that the M2 doesn't do is "super dig" or have the oppisite engine go slightly in reverse.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
RCC Addict

The M2 cannot due proportional control where you can make the rear turn slower than the front and vise versa. This is especially helpful in up hill and down hill climbs. The M2 does not have that great of a drag brake. You can also pick up two Mamba micro pros for around 130 with coupons etc from different sites. The motors that come with the M2 are low quality. The M2 doesn't allow advanced programming. I could go one and on.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I was wondering the same thing because I have a Castle Link cable already. Haven't tried it though. I have an M2 also, and for the crawling I do, I am very pleased with it. I am sure the M2 is not competition grade, but it is has worked out for me.
aceisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
The M2 cannot due proportional control where you can make the rear turn slower than the front and vise versa. This is especially helpful in up hill and down hill climbs. The M2 does not have that great of a drag brake. You can also pick up two Mamba micro pros for around 130 with coupons etc from different sites. The motors that come with the M2 are low quality. The M2 doesn't allow advanced programming. I could go one and on.
In my experience that is completely. Mode 2 is a proprotional mode that does exactly what is stated. I can send a video if you like. I have it setup to my dial on the top and it indeed turns the wheels slower in proportion to how much throttle and how and how how deep you are in the 3rd channel. My drag brake holds damn near vertical.

Don't get me wrong I'm not on Novak's sac (OK well maybe I am after all these years) but contrary to all these threads this ESC works better than I coudl have desired...

Perhaps I jsut need to pair to a tekin and "feel" the difference. Stikin' to my Novak though.