Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Rear steerring with the dx3r.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #1

Exclamation Rear steerring with the dx3r.

I have just put rear steering on my venom creeper its working fine just a few problems on turing it on and off. I have a DX3R and dont no how to turn on the AUX and then turn it off. if any one can help it would be really helpfull. In language i can understand plz....
cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

If you are trying to adjust a mix with the buttons you can try all you want but it wont work. It doesnt have the necessary programming to make that work. The only way to do it would be to leave the screen on the mixing setup screen and toggle it on and off with the roller.

What you can do is have one of the 3pos switches control the rear steering...You will have full left, center, and full right. If you want/need more control you can add a second 3pos switch set to aux linear and you can adjust left and right with the switch but you wont really need it.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
If you are trying to adjust a mix with the buttons you can try all you want but it wont work. It doesnt have the necessary programming to make that work. The only way to do it would be to leave the screen on the mixing setup screen and toggle it on and off with the roller.

What you can do is have one of the 3pos switches control the rear steering...You will have full left, center, and full right. If you want/need more control you can add a second 3pos switch set to aux linear and you can adjust left and right with the switch but you wont really need it.
I wanna no how to set up a button so that it turns the rear steering on and off."_"
cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:50 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have a DX3R also and there is no way to turn it on and off using the buttons. The radio doesn't have enough mixing functions to do this. So your stuck using the mix screen. unless like SMR said you want to mod the radio.
Force5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force5 View Post
I have a DX3R also and there is no way to turn it on and off using the buttons. The radio doesn't have enough mixing functions to do this. So your stuck using the mix screen. unless like SMR said you want to mod the radio.
Thanks for that really helpfull but i dont wont to mod my radio...
Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I didnt say you have to mod your radio.

What I said is that you can use the switches to control the rear steering independently from the front. You accomplish this by using a switch set to Aux 3pos, this will give you left, center, and right steering whenever you want no matter what the front is doing. It is a much better setup than just a reversed mix like you are running at the moment, if you want even more control you can setup a second switch to AUX linear to have fine control of the rear steering. Of course before you do either of those you must turn off the mixing to channel 3 or else it wont work.

If you dont know how to setup the switches you go to system and then select the switch you want to use and choose what function you want it to have (AUX 3p or AUX linear)
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
S2O

Im in the process of building a Creeper and wanted the option of rear steer or not and i found this: http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/punk-rc-...er-p-2188.html

havent tried it out yet but from all i read on this forum it seems to work very nice for what you are looking for.
S2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cain View Post
In language i can understand plz....
How much Tasmanian Aborigine do you speak?

BTW, the PunkRC Steering Computer might be of some use to you.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
BTW, the PunkRC Steering Computer might be of some use to you.
perfect for ya:
http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main...&products_id=3
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #10

Default Re: Rear steerring with the dx3r. - youtube video

Youtube link that shows how to set up rear steer

Rear Wheel Steering Setup - YouTube
kayakdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rear steerring with the dx3r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cain View Post
I have just put rear steering on my venom creeper its working fine just a few problems on turing it on and off. I have a DX3R and dont no how to turn on the AUX and then turn it off. if any one can help it would be really helpfull. In language i can understand plz....
What exactly do you mean by "On" and "Off"?

The DX3R gives you three options for the 3rd channel when assigning to a 3-position switch:
1- 2 Position (not good for steering, it is center and one other direction)
2- 3 Position (Good for basic left/center/right steering)
3- Linear (This allows you to steer the wheels within the full range of the axle), recommend assigning a 2 position switch to this channel as well, this will allow you to center your steering with a press of that button.

You can turn this channel off by going back into the System menu.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3r, electronics, rear, steering