Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Motor temp issue ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Motor temp issue ?

My buddy has a Losi Nightcrawler with the stock esc. Hes got a hitec 7955 servo and just got a tekin 55t motor and his motor seems to be getting really hot. Ive got the same servo in my axial with a novak rooster and his motor runs at a normal temp in my rig. could the stock LNC esc be the reason for the motor overheating? the only diff between our rigs is the esc's and or his worm gears
DezertCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

My understanding is that the worm drives EAT brushed motors. Thta is likely the issue.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have a lnc and know of people who overheat, I never have have had any overheating, I went to a traxxas 21t 14 volt and love it. same power and speed, that was over a year ago and still running strong.
ickabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Sorry, 55t in a lnc just smokes it up...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Defy Gravity

a 55t in a losi is a poor plan at best. the worms are very hard on motors, and with the 55t you're running full tilt to do anything. i was running a 27t in mine for a long time and it did decently. even my 400 11t puller did fine on short runs. the lnc trans is kinder to brushed motors, but its still hard on them, have to have the equipment to maintain them or you will smoke the motor eventually. as was said by ickabob, i've seen people running the traxxas 21t with great luck.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
a 55t in a losi is a poor plan at best. the worms are very hard on motors, and with the 55t you're running full tilt to do anything. i was running a 27t in mine for a long time and it did decently. even my 400 11t puller did fine on short runs. the lnc trans is kinder to brushed motors, but its still hard on them, have to have the equipment to maintain them or you will smoke the motor eventually. as was said by ickabob, i've seen people running the traxxas 21t with great luck.
You just can't go wrong with a $25 traxxas motor that lasts over a year and does everything you want it to