Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: M2 Dig and a DX3E

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default M2 Dig and a DX3E

question for you guys

i have just recentlly got an xr10 with the m2 dig system and having problems getting both digs to work.

the radio i use is a dx3e with the 3 position switch .....so it should be easy ..right

the rear works fine but i can not get the front dig to work.

i have setup and set epa's i dont know how many times and just can not get it to work

i am sure its just some silly little thing i am missing

can anyone help

looking forward to hearing back with the right answer

thanks in advance for any help
scorpion_ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

When you calibraded the ESC to the radio, did you calibrate the throttle and aux channels?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

If you change anything on the radio make sure you run the one touch set up again.
j19bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
When you calibraded the ESC to the radio, did you calibrate the throttle and aux channels?
hmmm didn't say anything about calibrating ....i must check in on that

thanks for the heads up ....will be looking into that right away ........5 minutes later

woohoo i fixed it ,,,,,,,you rock bud thanks for the help
scorpion_ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

"When in doubt, recalibrate!"
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

This is a common mistake that people make when setting up the M2, most know they have to cal the throttle, but don't read the part that says they have to cal the Aux (dig) channel as well.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: M2 Dig and a DX3E

Hi everyone.I have a Bully Artr and i want to buy a radio which can work with novak m2 dig.Will the m2 dig work with the Spektrum dx3e and a 3s battery (with all functions,and out of the box) without problems???..because I'm confused.

Thanks in advance.
DiKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiKey View Post
Hi everyone.I have a Bully Artr and i want to buy a radio which can work with novak m2 dig.Will the m2 dig work with the Spektrum dx3e and a 3s battery (with all functions,and out of the box) without problems???..because I'm confused.

Thanks in advance.
Hi DiKey, First off I had a M2 it worked great for me. But To take full advantage of the M2 you will need a controller with a 3 position switch i believe that controller does so you should be fine. Just make sure to go through the whole calibration of the ESC it callibrates the digs. Also on 3 cell do not have the hot wire connected from the ESC to the receiver. the M2 on 3cell has a problem and will burn up if you connected the power line to the esc on 3 cell. So Clip the red line going to the RX. You can leave the black and signal lines. Also as for a BEC to power the RX I would recommend not using the Castle BEC as it can have interference issues (I Did). I used the Novak and all worked fine. You have to run the BEC from the battery lead to the RX. using that to power your RX and servo.

Good Luck
Reddogsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for your reply!

I asked for the radio,to i am sure that the dx3e will work fine,because i want something cheap for the begin .I know that i must clip the red wires from the esc but i have already soldered Casttle Creations Bec to the esc,because i had heard good things for this. If i run the m2 dig on 3cell will have a problem without the red wires?

I want to ensure that the dx3e radio work fine without problems or modifications,because i had ordered a Futaba 4pl radio from OKHOBBY but it doesn't came never,and i am disappointed because i haven't 250$ for another 4pl radio. :(

Here some pictures.

Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

No the way u have the bec wired in is correct. Just plug the bec into an aux port in rx. Make sure red wire from esc to rx is cut. Also make sure to hook IP the dig wires from esc to rx. So u should have servo esc dig bec all plugged into rx
Reddogsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I know that m2 dig can be worked with Spektrum Dx3r but i have doubt about Dx3e because i have seen that needs a modification with an additional button on the radio or something else.

Are you sure that Spektrum Dx3e radio can work in my case?... or someone else who has test it please?

I understood what did you say with the channels of the receiver and i found a picture from a Dx3r setup with m2 dig,which can be working also with Dx3e reasonably.

XR10 Wiring with M2 DIG

I ask you continuity,because this time i want to be sure and i want to buy it as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Will everyone PLEASE STOP saying to cut wires!!!!!!!

If you run an external BEC through the RX, just remove the red wire from the ESC to RX connection. It's a 30 second job. Just remember to put tape over the loose red wire so it won't short on anything.
The reason for this is that some ESC's NEED the red wire if you want to do programming, to do so (by my method) is to just plug the red ESC to RX wire back in.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

There are two connector plugs from the esc to the rx, which is called CH3 and RX IN. Furthermore,there is another position which called AUX and has not any wire on it. When I will place the receiver,will must cut the red wires from the two plugs on esc or for only one?..I mean from the CH3 and RX IN?In the position AUX, i won't put anything?

Here is an example for 4pl receiver,which i believe that is the same.

Will can i place with the same way in this receiver?

Does it know someone how exactly the wires are joined from dig m2 to this receiver?...I guess the ch3 goes to AUX,RX IN to THR, CC BEC to Bind,and The servo to the STR.

At the end,do you suggest to buy Dx3e in my case finally?

Thanks for all your help.