gforce 2 11.76%
poly rc 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: help me choose which lipo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default help me choose which lipo

just as it says, I have about $25 to $30 to spend on for 2 lipos and need some input from all of you on ideally the better ish out of the five brands, was going to add b-grade but thats the only one that I searched and got a bad review, all the others here I have searched and got good feedback, so its not about choice preference, but just a general guide of which one is a better route to go, hopefully this could also be used as a reference for people wanting to buy lipo's but don't have the serious cash for the higher end ones
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Dont forget out vendors here that sell good quality batteries at lower prices:
http://teambrood.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_59
http://www.krawloff-road.com/store/i...ory&path=35_36
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I know and I would love to but I have a limited budget, and I'm trying to get atleast two 3s lipos around the 2000mah range and the five I listed do have those, that's why I'm asking about them
Old 05-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well, out of those that you listed, I have used the Zippys before. They worked well, for the most part, but I have had issues with new packs needing a new "deans" plug because of a bad connection...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

Been beating on all my Holmes Hobbies lipos for years without a problem.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
RCC Addict

turnigy, zippy, flightmax, "blue", Rhino... I would think that they all have about the same quality level. I have ran turnigy 3 cell 2200mah for about a year(2 of them) and they have held up really well.

I usually just buy the cheapest I can find, I'm not using the batteries very hard at all.

I also have a set of thunder power 1350 mah 3cell's. I'm not to impresses for what I paid for them, the turnigys do just as well.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Ya the reason for those five were also because I found an older thread that was a show off of all the lipo you had and I saw alot of zippy and turnigy, third was rhino, and again I would love to buy from the higher end like brood and HH but it's not in my budget right now.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
RCC Addict

The www.hobbypartz.com batteries are every bit as good as the zippy's (if not better) and are warehoused in the US so shipping is ultra fast. I have owned lipos from just about every manufacturer/assembler out there over the past 5-6 years and for the price the hobbypartz blues can't be beat.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
The www.hobbypartz.com batteries are every bit as good as the zippy's (if not better) and are warehoused in the US so shipping is ultra fast. I have owned lipos from just about every manufacturer/assembler out there over the past 5-6 years and for the price the hobbypartz blues can't be beat.
Oh ya lol forgot they were housed here too, some odd reason I was thinking outside of the u.s.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Havent had a problem with my Rhinos so I voted for them. I also have some zippys that I havent had a problem with either. One thing to consider is size, for some reason when I compared the Rhinos size to the Zippys for the same size battery the Rhinos were a little bit smaller.

Another option would be cheap batter packs elite lipos. Great price and from what I have read on here about them great batteries.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I would get the elite but again I only have like $30 at most and want to get two lipo so that next Saturday I can keep going for the endurance trail that is going on, I'd opt for just one giant battery but don't have the room lol with two I can either run them parallel so that my mah goes up or just run one at a time
Old 05-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Don't forget that Hobbyking does have a USA warehouse now. So shipping is fast and doesnt cost as much if they have the battery you want at the USA warehouse.
Emerpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

"Calling out Mr John Holmes" Please!!!! start a new thread when you get 3s back in stock...Thanks.
Jenkins88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Cheapbatterypacks!!!
WOUrugger51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOUrugger51 View Post
Cheapbatterypacks!!!
+1 and the Elites.....but they are above the price range the OP stated.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie-iii View Post
+1 and the elites.....but they are above the price range the op stated.
+2!!!!!!!
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerpus View Post
Don't forget that Hobbyking does have a USA warehouse now. So shipping is fast and doesnt cost as much if they have the battery you want at the USA warehouse.
That's well known, however it's a crap shoot to actually find what you want available in the US warehouse.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's well known, however it's a crap shoot to actually find what you want available in the US warehouse.
True. The sucky thing about dealing with them is, in my opinion they false advertise to get you to pull the trigger. With that said, every pack i have ordered from Hobbyking has been a turnigy brand and they have been GREAT! never had a problem with them and they hold the charge very well. The problem is both times i have ordered, it said they were in the US warehouse and then after you have ordered them, you get an email saying they are being shipped overseas. So it took forever to get and shipping was high! Maybe i just didn't follow directions well, but it had an icon saying US warehouse, i clicked on it saying it was in their US warehouse, but then when i went to pay the only shipping option (which was still vague) said something to the effect of international shipping.

Anyways, they are great packs and cheap as long as you really get them from the US warehouse.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
RCC Addict

http://www.hobbypartz.com/bluelipo.html
Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote