Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Front Motor Spinning Before Rear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Front Motor Spinning Before Rear

I just got my 4PL back from being updated. I switched from a 3PMX and punk dig to the 4PL and two Sidewinders. I finally got everything wired and going in the right direction. Updated my Sidewinders and gave it a test. This is when I noticed that at very low throttle input (forward drive) the front motor turns and the back motor does not. Eventually it will kick in and move, but it is basically locked at the low throttle.

When I go in reverse the opposite happens. The rear motor spins, at low throttle, and the front motor is locked. What am I missing? This is my first time running two ESCs.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

It takes some tuning to get these things right. Since the stall moves axle to axle with direction change I assume your motor wires are close to equal lengths and getting equal current. When I tuned my castle esc on my moa I had my laptop set up with a fully charged lipo and would plug it in, adjust throttle curve and test...over and over and over. Just go through castle link and check your settings, save what you got now and start changing and tuning.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I figured out the problem. I was using the ESCs on my 3PMx on two different rigs. Now they are both on the XR10 and I am using the 4PL. When I was looking around in the CC Link, I noticed the throttle settings were way off. I just re-calibrated the ESC to the 4PL and all is good. I still need some tweaking, but at least it works.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Possibly related issue??...... front motor has clod stall
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote