Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle - SV2 issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Castle - SV2 issue

hi guys....

I got a issue from my SV2 in these few days. what I got is 3S lipo, 35t motor, 7955 steering servo, CCBEC. and white wire go for nag. and red wire go for pas.
my story is the SV2 works fine few weeks ago, but it was not working since two days ago.
I checked battery, motor, servo, and I reprogrammed the CCBEC and SV2(upgraded to 3.2 version) after I got the throttle issue two days ago. Then I did bind it with DX3R, and everything working except the throttle.
When I push the throttle from DX3R, it got orange light from SV2 when it is natural, and forward shows green light, and reverse shows flash red light. I think it is correct working condition. However, it won't work at all even SV2 shows those lights when I push throttle forward or reverse, and just natural.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

on the other hand,
actually, I have a extra SV2 and CCBEC, both of them are new. I did bind with this extra SV2, and it works perfectly as we know orange light when it is natural, and forward shows green light, and reverse shows flash red light.
But, do not know what's going on now

sorry guys, I am in hurry now, Please give me a hand

thanks a lot
hung0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Ah ha.....I believe the new CC firmware fixes the "white motor wire" issue. Thus you likely need to remove it & connect the black one.

But, I also hear the new firmware is not great for crawlers and you can't backdate the firmware. I haven't tried it, it's what I read in this forum recently (this week?)
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks man...
but, I got the throttle issue when it was in 3.1 firmware before I upgraded to 3.2, then I still got same issue after I upgraded to 3.2 yesterday.
well, it works fine few weeks ago when it was in 3.1 firmware, and I did not do anything during this period.
ok....I will try to backdate the firmware or remove the white wire and plug black wire first.
By the way,
I also emailed to Castle and told them my throttle issue yesterday, I will post more info. if I receive their reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Ah ha.....I believe the new CC firmware fixes the "white motor wire" issue. Thus you likely need to remove it & connect the black one.

But, I also hear the new firmware is not great for crawlers and you can't backdate the firmware. I haven't tried it, it's what I read in this forum recently (this week?)
Old 05-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I did revert to the 3.1 firmware. and use white and red wire.
but after I bind with radio, it got flash green light from SV2.
does it means the ESC did connect correctly or ?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Did you try to re-calibrate the ESC to the radio??

I'm not an expert on this, just asking questions.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

A Hammer.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I have two SV2 got same issue now. both of them has been ran once only.
I reprogrammed both of them and revert it to 3.1 firmware and bind it again and again...about 10 times already
First one as I said it still got flash green light on it after I bind it with radio.
Does anyone got this issue before? and know how to deal with this issue?

Second one, it cannot be connected by Castle link, when I plugged in the Castle link to SV2, and it didn't do anything, I can ONLY see the very tiny red light from SV2.
Do you guys think this SV2 is broken?

Hope some of u guys can help me otherwise I cannot run my C1 rig and C2 rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Did you try to re-calibrate the ESC to the radio??

I'm not an expert on this, just asking questions.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
RCC Addict

sounds like CC needs to look at the V2 parts a little more closely, they are having some problems... mine, and several others on the board. I'm gonna call them again on monday.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Can I suggest trying several things all at once here.

- Go to a New and unused Memory in DX3R. Bind TX/RX. Go to the System menu of the radio and then to the RESET Function then Parameters and click the scroller button. Move the steering to full right then left once or twice, move throttle to full brake and throttle once or twice then scroll to save then confirm YES save. Page 26 of the manual for more information on this.

- Replace the red wire in your SV2 and connect to CC Link then reset to factory default settings under device settings. Change the motor type to brushed reverse and set the arming time to 2.5 seconds, leave the rest until you find out if this works.

- Remove everything from else the receiver and connect just the SV2. Calibrate the SV2 and see if it works.

A few things that can happen is changing setting in your radio since the last time you used it. You may have changed something and dont remember or one of your pals might have changed something, so going with a fresh memory in the radio clears this up as being the problem. Some of the things that could have changed in the radio are the Frame Rate settings, Sub-Trim, end points and most importantly the calibration of the radio. If someone plays with the calibration of the radio and doesnt save it because they get scared and dont know what they are doing it will screw your radio up until you do it correctly. IMO this feature should be hidden in the DX3R. This is what it says in the new DX3R Pro: "Saving incorrect calibration data may cause radio to operate different than expected".

Removing the BEC and servo from the receiver also removes this and the servo from the posibilities of these being the problem.

Changing the setting on the SV2 to default will also fix any programmed functions you may have changed incorrectly. The arming time is something I learned with my Spektrum gear when I use to run it. In built up area's of high 2.4ghz signals I found that my DX3R would become slow to connect to the receiver. Just having a phone with 2.4ghz sitting next to the radio or in your pocket can cause havoc. If the receiver and radio dont connect before the ESC tries to arm then the ESC just wont arm. Changing the arming time to 2.5 seconds gives the radio plenty of time to connect then lets the ESC connect there after.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

well, I emailed to Castle Creations(support@castlecreations.com) last Sat.
but, they haven't replied my email yet
Old 05-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

My problem was that I needed to swap the black wire with the white wire. If you havn't tried this, I'd just take the white wire, without the black wire attached and touch it to the area it goes and hit the throttle lightly. If it powers, that it the problem.
Dillpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

well, right now, these two SV2 are not working at all.
Do u think Castle has a good customer service? hahahaha
I emailed them last Friday, and haven't receive any reply...OMG
Old 05-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

When you say you updated the firmware from 3.1 to 3.2, are you talking about the Castlelink software version? This is not the firmware versions. When you updated the software, it may not have updated to 3.2. I had this problem, and emailed CC. Their response was to install the software in a new folder instead of overwriting the original folder. This did the trick for me. It is a registry problem in Windows. Start your Castlelink software and click on "ABOUT" under the "Help" menu and verify that the software version is actually 3.2. What happens is that you run the 3.2 (or later) update, but the software remains at 3.1.

The Firmware versions are NOT 3.1 or 3.2, that is the Castlelink software versions. Here are the firmware revision numbers for the SV2: http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...idewinder.html. Latest firmware is 1.32. I updated my SV2 to the latest firmware and did not have any issues. It also fixed the white wire issue.

Hope you get this worked out soon, I know what you are going through! You might send another email or just call them.
aceisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung0417 View Post
Yes, I think they have excellent customer service. They will get you fixed up.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I'm running CastleLink version 3.3 with no issues on XP Pro.
Sticking with my 1.24 firmware though......(MM & Micro Pro).
Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung0417 View Post
emails don't always work, but a phone call will get you in touch with someone.

They have excellent customer service as can be affirmed but many people on this board.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

thanks for this info.
yes, I was talking about the Castlelink software version, and I did upgraded to 3.2 version after I connect with SV2.
is it gonna affect the SV2 ESC?
I will double check with SV2 later tonight after I get home...
thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceisback View Post
When you say you updated the firmware from 3.1 to 3.2, are you talking about the Castlelink software version? This is not the firmware versions. When you updated the software, it may not have updated to 3.2. I had this problem, and emailed CC. Their response was to install the software in a new folder instead of overwriting the original folder. This did the trick for me. It is a registry problem in Windows. Start your Castlelink software and click on "ABOUT" under the "Help" menu and verify that the software version is actually 3.2. What happens is that you run the 3.2 (or later) update, but the software remains at 3.1.

The Firmware versions are NOT 3.1 or 3.2, that is the Castlelink software versions. Here are the firmware revision numbers for the SV2: http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...idewinder.html. Latest firmware is 1.32. I updated my SV2 to the latest firmware and did not have any issues. It also fixed the white wire issue.

Hope you get this worked out soon, I know what you are going through! You might send another email or just call them.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
Yes, I think they have excellent customer service. They will get you fixed up.

Wes

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
emails don't always work, but a phone call will get you in touch with someone.

They have excellent customer service as can be affirmed but many people on this board.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Any news about this?

I'm looking for an ESC and the SV2 was an option but I have been reading about a lot of trubles...
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
Any news about this?

I'm looking for an ESC and the SV2 was an option but I have been reading about a lot of trubles...
SV2 & SCT are the same except for the label. My son is running 2 SCT's in his 2.2 Bully with no issues on 3S.