Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle link Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #1

Angry Castle link Software

I recently baught two Mama Micro Pro for a custom bully build that I am doing. I installed them and 1 armed up and worked fine but one has a solid yellow light witch according to castle is normal. All the problems started when I updated to the newest software that was supposed to fix the white wire issue on the esc. I have heard rumors of them making a new Castle Link Program has anyone else heard this rumor?? I have close to 2grand in this build and these damn castle esc's are holding my build up. Everytime I call castle I hear a different story.
magman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I run a CC MM....older firmware.....last I read, the newer firmware is not "great" for crawlers.
The latest firmware fixes the "white vs. black" wiring issue, it does not address the crawler requests.
I also read that you CAN'T revert back to the earlier firmware that works well for crawlers.
Correct me if I am wrong..........
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
I run a CC MM....older firmware.....last I read, the newer firmware is not "great" for crawlers.
The latest firmware fixes the "white vs. black" wiring issue, it does not address the crawler requests.
I also read that you CAN'T revert back to the earlier firmware that works well for crawlers.
Correct me if I am wrong..........

Unfortunatley you are absolutely correct I have tried reverting back to older firmware and the esc accepts the firmware but still remains locked up with solid yellow light.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #4

Has anyone com up with anyway to fix problem? Besides buying 2 Tekins?? And saying castle?? LOL
Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Sorry dude.....the company I work for ALLOWS reverting back to the earliest firmware we have....something I & others pushed for....(I'm a field service guy, sometimes newer firmware has issues.......)
Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

so, how can we do right now because it got throttle issue from new firmware(3.2).
well, should we send SV2 back to Castle for reverting back to the earlier firmware (before 3.2)?
hung0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I don't know that Castle can revert it back, I believe you can only go back to 3.1, no earlier.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Magman,

so, the light is yellow, but it wont arm and give the motor beeps? Have you tried swapping the two ESCs to see if the problem follows the ESC or stays put?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Magman,

so, the light is yellow, but it wont arm and give the motor beeps? Have you tried swapping the two ESCs to see if the problem follows the ESC or stays put?
Yes i tried swapping the esc having problems with channel 4 witch would be the rear tried to plug it in to channel 2 and did the same thing still. So yes it does follow the esc. Me and Jason have both talked to the people at castle and they say its an issue with the casltle link software and they are supposed to be releasing a newer version to fix the issue. Just tired of waiting, got HH motors in yesterday and will have them installed tommorow and castles holding me up. Got almost 1600 in rig and sitting on a shelf now.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Hummm....that sucks. The easiest solution that I can offer is to buy another MMP and wire it up...when they release the newer version, you can update them all and have a spare....
Old 05-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

My mmp bricked in just the same fashion described, solid yellow light with no arming or allowing recalibration to radio. Only way it started working again was with playing with arming times(?). After that everything is normal.

You can go back to earlier firmwares, just not versions of castlelink software afaik
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

well, in my SV2 issue, I reverted back to 3.1 and 3.0 once.
but still not working at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
I don't know that Castle can revert it back, I believe you can only go back to 3.1, no earlier.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

After installing 3.2 on my sv2 all I get is a dim red led. No power to anything and now the link says nothing is plugged in. E-mailed Castle with no response sence thursday.
GB's 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB's 05 View Post
E-mailed Castle with no response sence thursday.
Call them. Dial Extension 125...Thomas is the man!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
My mmp bricked in just the same fashion described, solid yellow light with no arming or allowing recalibration to radio. Only way it started working again was with playing with arming times(?). After that everything is normal.

You can go back to earlier firmwares, just not versions of castlelink software afaik
This is a decent fix, your looking to increase the dead band setting. It should allow your esc to program. So ya meatwad I think your on the right track.

Also if the dead band setting doesn't work try installing the oldest firmware then immediately reinstalling the newest firmware or what ever version you were using. I dont know why this helps sometimes, but it does there is several people that have had good luck trying this. Good luck magman.

From my experience you can go back to any firmware. The only esc from castle that I have ever had that would not allow me to reverse firmware was an original sidewinder micro. Once it was programed past ver 1.29 there was no going back. I just sold the esc to someone to use in a mini T. It was useless for crawling at that point. Now with new versions of firmware up to what 1.32?? maybe that issues has been fixed. So firmware yes. Software no... Thats why I have ver 3.25 on my computer along with the newest version. Just my .02 cents.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

same here! OMG...I got two SV2 with same issue now!
no power at all all, and one of them cannot connect to computer for programming

Quote:
After installing 3.2 on my sv2 all I get is a dim red led. No power to anything and now the link says nothing is plugged in. E-mailed Castle with no response sence thursday.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Version 3.2 should be the CastleLink version, NOT the ESC firmware version.
I'm running CL version 3.3 on XP Pro with no issues.
I'm running firmware version 1.24 on my MM & Micro Pro.