Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: scx 10 with a brushless motor. lots of glitching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default scx 10 with a brushless motor. lots of glitching

i put my cheap futaba fm radio in. it what i had.. the guy i bought it from showed me it worked on his spectrum radio. worked fine. any ideas?? thanks
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #2

What kind of glitching are you experiencing? Is the car getting a sudden blip of throttle that lasts momentarily?

I was having that issue, and have yet to come up with a solution that gets rid of the glitching 100%. But a few things help to lessen the glitching a lot. I was getting interference from the power cables into the signal cables. So make sure the wiring is clean as possible. Could also be the RX.
strungoutt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

ok ill try it. sudden blip of throttle that lasts momentarily. thats what its doing
Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #4

You might not be able to completely remove the blip. It will probably just be far less severe and happen only very occassionally. Definetly worth the work to try it out.

I have yet to try a new RX. Might fix the problem also.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I'm guessing some of the issue is electrical noise from the ESC. To get the 3 phase power for the motor requires some rather fast electrical switching inside the ESC. This throws lots of RFI & EMI around which is picked up by the RX antenna.
On a brushed motor, this could be reduced by using caps on the motor, not sure about brushless.
As stated before, keep the antenna away from the ESC as well as the motor wires (as much as possible) along with the RX input wire, keep it short (bundled) and away from the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You could try changing the crystals on the esc and rx. Depending on the brushless system, it could be cogging, or pinion size..
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
RCC Addict

You'll probably never stop it without switching to a 2.4 radio. Is this a Goat system? If so somewhere in tiny print in one of the four instruction manuals it says must be used with high end (AKA 2.4) radio systems. I went so far as removing every componet from the truck spread out on the bench with no wires near each other and it still glitched until I went 2.4.

With the price drop on decent radios lately, plus not having to ever worry about what channel your on the switch is more than worth it.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #8

I have also gone through the process of spreading out all the components in the SCX-10. I still get the glitch with the stock 2.4 axial RX and TX. I was thinking of upgrading to some sort of Spektrum or higher Futaba 2.4 GHZ to completely get rid of the glitch, but it happens so infrequently now. I don't want to spend more money to get a new radio when I have a 2.4 radio system.

Weird that mine still gets the glitch with a 2.4 radio system though.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungoutt1 View Post
I have also gone through the process of spreading out all the components in the SCX-10. I still get the glitch with the stock 2.4 axial RX and TX. I was thinking of upgrading to some sort of Spektrum or higher Futaba 2.4 GHZ to completely get rid of the glitch, but it happens so infrequently now. I don't want to spend more money to get a new radio when I have a 2.4 radio system.

Weird that mine still gets the glitch with a 2.4 radio system though.
What ESC are you using? This could be a BEC problem also, for both of you.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #10
RCC Addict

its a Novak Goat 2S Crawler Brushless System 21.5T i bought off a friend.. i saw it in the very small print.. nothing helped.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
RCC Addict

happy to say no more glitch. i bought a used dx3e off a friend from work.. works perfect now. cant believe how much money i have into this thing already. adds up fast. its fun tho.