Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: venom pro charger ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default venom pro charger ?

i have a venom pro charger, been using it for a couple years now. its showing on the lipo charge cell progress screen an extra cell thats non existant. im charging a 3s batt and it keeps showing 4 cells but the ghost cell is fluctuating in voltage like crazy and keeps stopping the charge and shows a voltage too low error message. i dont know what is going on. does anybody have any insight? this isnt the first time this has happened but it just started doing it recently. maybe its time get a new charger? or is it something not to worry about? im lost. i did however get a new balance block with the lipos. it did it again but i unplugged the balance block and plugged it back in an now it seems to be working fine. i did check all connections after the first time it gave me a low cell voltage error. but the low cell doesnt exist on my battery (ghost cell). yes the charger is set for 3s

Last edited by all_scaled_out; 05-19-2011 at 09:36 AM.
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

We have 2 Pro Chargers, they work well. Our only issue was with the balancer, crappy solder joints inside caused one to short out when you plugged in a 3S pack, another didn't have good solder joints that left a pin disconnected.
Some work with a small soldering iron and a magnifying glass made both balancers work well.

Maybe open yours up and check the 3S port solder connections as well as conductive crap (loose solder bits) floating around inside the case.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

You right on it with the balance block issue, Had mine about 3 weeks and it would not detect a battery. I emailed venom about it and they replaced it. Didn't really give me a cause but they did make it good. I have had it going on 3 years now with no problems.
r34sklnnsn is offline   Reply With Quote