Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #1

Default Throttle Glitching

I have a Berg

Dx3e Radio
Sr300 receiver
Older Sidewinder Esc
CC Bec
Pair of handwound motors

I have driven this rig for almost a year with zero problems until today. With the truck just sitting there (no throttle input) it will suddenly take off sometimes at full throttle. I can stop it by reversing it but as soon as I let off it goes again then all of a sudden everything is fine. It will crawl for alittle bit then the throttle gets real glitchy and the whole thing starts over. For whatever reason if it is going on its own and I turn right it stops until I let off, it doesnt do it when turning left

Im lost any help would be appreciated.
Drclarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Sorry that I can't remember what it was exactly it was but mine would jump about every 30seconds or so if it was stopped.. If you're moving it's fine. Does that sound similar? The ESC would also make a beep when it did it..

Mine turned out to be some setting on the ESC through the Castle Link.. I don't have one to look at but try looking for a setting towards the bottom of the main page for something like a beep setting..

Sorry that I can't remember what it was exactly

The other thing to check would be the BEC, if you have it plugged into the receiver.. I've had them do funny things to servo's (when hooked up directly) when they go bad.

Last edited by jkwrangler08; 05-26-2011 at 06:03 PM.
jkwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Cheap & easy would be to set the TX throttle trim to "0", throttle EPA's to 100% and then recalibrate the ESC's to the radio.
See what happens then.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #4

I had that problem and soon figured out my motor cables were connected to the opposite ones on the esc :/ since then mine has been fine
sionshards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #5

I dont have the castle link to check the esc.......could it lose all of its settings on its own?

A little more back story, this all started when I changed the servo out( Hitech hsr-5990tg). So I thought maybe that was the problem so I unplugged it and it still is happening! I can still turn right on the remote and it will stop all of the crazyness but as soon as I let off it starts again........

Im totally lost!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Cheap & easy would be to set the TX throttle trim to "0", throttle EPA's to 100% and then recalibrate the ESC's to the radio.
See what happens then.
did a rebind and its still having the same problems......

Could the batteries in the remote be causing it(even though indicator says they are good)

What about the Lipo in the truck itself? It is older but it took a charge fine...
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #7

Tryed a brand new Lipo in the truck......still does it
Unhooked the Bec and plugged the red wire back in.....still does it

Anyone?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Get a castle link and reflash the ESC with current firmware. Not sure what else it could be. Maybe try bumping up the CC BEC voltage to 6.5v.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I have an ax10 and i was running with a DX3S and a SR300 with a CC BEC and a CC sidewinder and it just started glitching too. Sitting still it would do it and sometimes turning to the left it would jump... I was out crawling and i took off on me and almost went into a river. I found out that my TX lost bind and it wouldnt bind to my RX anymore... i could use my friends spektrum controllers to bind to my RX. So i got mad and went and bought a 4PL Futaba... LOL no more problems. I hope you can figure out why its happening, I even called spektrum and they were at a loss too. They told me to send it in and they would look at it, but then you would be w/o a radio for a little while.
Good Luck
CrawlerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #10

I called and talked to Castle and they said that there should be no way that the ESC is causing the problem.....basically it is just a slave to what the rx tells it to do.

So has anyone ever had a problem with a spektrum rx or Radio?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I did have one of my ESCs exibit a very similar behavior, and it was the ESC at fault. One out of many thousands though, so certainly not common.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote