Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin T8 (truggy) 2000KV Which ESC, MMP or RX8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Tekin T8 (truggy) 2000KV Which ESC, MMP or RX8

Well I just toasted my Novak bl 21.5 motor and my Mamba Max Pro...

I'm going to be trying this motor out, which ESC would work the best in this scaler?

[IMG][/IMG]

It's right at 10lbs. I run dual 3C 2200 packs that I can run either on parallel or in series. I want to be able to crawl and haul a$$.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Chassis & Tubework Vendor

I would go with the 1350kv motor, better for crawling. As for the esc they would both be good choices but most guys using this motor have the mamba max pro.
MG200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG200 View Post
I would go with the 1350kv motor, better for crawling. As for the esc they would both be good choices but most guys using this motor have the mamba max pro.

The 2 dead Mamba Max Pro's on my desk would steer me in another direction. I would look at the Mamba Monster.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Pretty straightforward....RX8 is sensored, MMM is not, which is not ideal for crawling IMO. Go with the RX8.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ty the Sensor wire from your T8 going into my MMPro would suggest otherwise...Unless I'm missing something.

The main reason I went MMPro was 6S we were running into the SDS Stack tranny and ease of swapping with the 4 others running this setup. Although if Ty wants to send me a RX8 i'm glad to give an unbiased opinion
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I've have had both. the one thing I like about the Rx8 is the on board programing( reprogram right in the truck if your in the hils with no computer). the leds right in the Esc makes it slick to set up. I haven't got the Monster figured out yet how to do it. to many things to remember like listening to beeps to find were your at on the monster. not to get me wrong but both are a good set for really heavy trucks, but I think I would go with the Rx8, just because I'm more familiar with it
spyderwebbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser View Post
Ty the Sensor wire from your T8 going into my MMPro would suggest otherwise...Unless I'm missing something.

The main reason I went MMPro was 6S we were running into the SDS Stack tranny and ease of swapping with the 4 others running this setup. Although if Ty wants to send me a RX8 i'm glad to give an unbiased opinion
I was referring to the MMM, which is sensorless.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Yeah, a RX8 and one of the new 4-pole motors would be my choice.
A sensored motor will make things smoother, for that low speed crawling.
You can run the RX8 in mixed mode, so the sensor shuts off once the motor RPMs are high enough.
A Tekin SC4X 5.5t or a Novak Ballistic short course motor (high torque) 5.5t would be my choices.
Guaranteed it will fly. You biggest challenge might be to find a spur gear and drive shafts strong enough to handle that monster..
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Thanks for all the information guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
I was referring to the MMM, which is sensorless.
When is your Tekin ROC 412 going to be released? Would I be better off waiting for that motor to come out? Can I purchase a prototype to test

Thanks,
Old 05-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Thanks for all the information guys.

When is your Tekin ROC 412 going to be released? Would I be better off waiting for that motor to come out? Can I purchase a prototype to test

Thanks,
We're very close, motors are being built and we're refining the software we want you guys to run them with. It'll be well worth it!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Chassis & Tubework Vendor

Quote:
We're very close, motors are being built and we're refining the software we want you guys to run them with. It'll be well worth it!
That's wonderful news!
MG200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Cool, thanks. I'll wait to purchase a new motor and ESC until these come out. As long as it's before our Red Rocks event in July. I got to have some big power for that one. Looks like I'll pull some parts from the super to get this thing running again in the mean time.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Well, I put one of my mamba max and 55 T out of my super in.... BORING! I then tried a Titan 550 21 T. A little better, but miss the punch of a brushless system. So, I just ordered a Rx8 and 1350 truggy motor. Castle wanted 50 bucks to fix the MMP, so I decided to put the money towards this big block system. Can't wait to try it out. I'll be in Moab and Area BFE on the 17th of June... Hope to have it all installed and running for my 1:1 trip.